10 Facts You Didn’t Know About IPL Hair Removal
Table of Contents
- 1 10 Facts You Didn’t Know About IPL Hair Removal
- 2 “IPL hair removal is one of the best ways to keep your skin looking smooth and silky – it’s time to get educated on these amazing facts!”
- 3 Fact 1: IPL Hair Removal can be Painful
- 4 Fact 2: IPL Hair Removal does not work for Everyone
- 5 Fact 3: IPL Hair Removal works less well on the Face
- 6 Fact 4: IPL Hair Removal damages the Skin
- 7 Fact 4: Plucking and waxing shouldn’t be done before IPL Hair Removal
- 8 Fact 5: IPL Hair Removal can prevent ingrown hairs
- 9 Fact 6: IPL Hair Removal can be done at Home
- 10 Fact 7: IPL Hair Removal was invented in 1997
- 11 Fact 8: Hairs can grow back after IPL hair removal
- 12 Fact 9: IPL can also improve the color and texture of your skin
- 13 Fact 10: SHR is much safer and more effective as compared to IPL Hair Removal
- 14 SHR Permanent Hair Removal with Unlimited Shots
- 15 Why Choose SHR Unlimited Prestige and Deluxe Plans?
- 16 WellaSmooth™ Includes the Following Three Hair Removal Services
- 17 See Over 2000 Positive Reviews of Wellaholic (Customer Verifiable)
- 18 Pricing of SHR Hair Removal Treatments by Wellaholic
- 19 Why Wellaholic is One of the Best Hair Removal Providers in Singapore?
10 Facts You Didn’t Know About IPL Hair Removal
IPL works thanks to a pigment in hair called melanin: much like a dark sheet on a hot day, the melanin helps the hair absorb the light from the flashes, stimulating it to go into its resting phase. This leaves you with smooth, hair-free skin. If you are considering IPL hair removal, you might want to learn more about these 10 interesting facts on IPL hair removal.
“IPL hair removal is one of the best ways to keep your skin looking smooth and silky – it’s time to get educated on these amazing facts!”
Fact 1: IPL Hair Removal can be Painful
The amount of pain from IPL hair removal depends on the skin type and area being treated. The sensation is described to be as a rather painful tingling. The feeling can be compared to the sting of a rubber band on the skin. Pain is proportional to the hair type. The thicker and the darker the hair is, the more painful it can become. In these days, there are other technologies such as SHR hair removal which is less painful than IPL hair removal.
Fact 2: IPL Hair Removal does not work for Everyone
The IPL hair removal is typically more effective where the contrast between skin and hair color is more obvious and differentiated. For best results, white skin and black hair is ideal. For dark skin, hair removal with the last generation devices is possible, but requires a few more sessions than for lighter skin. And hair removal is ineffective for people who have blond, white or red hair. Generally, if you have darker skin, do opt for SHR hair removal, which uses a different technology and hence is effective for all skin types and skin colours.
Fact 3: IPL Hair Removal works less well on the Face
Due to the longer hair growth cycle for the face, it will take more hair removal sessions to achieve permanent hair removal for the face. When used for hair removal specifically, IPL usually requires six to eight treatments to see a complete removal of hair in an area, but relatively more treatments are needed for hair removal in the facial area.
Fact 4: IPL Hair Removal damages the Skin
IPL Hair Removal targets the hair follicles and not the skin. However, there are possible causes that may lead to damaged skin. This includes the incompetence of the practitioner, defective devices, and if you do not take the precautionary measures given by your doctor. Hence, if you are choosing IPL hair removal, always choose an experienced practitioner for your IPL zaps. Otherwise, opt for SHR hair removal, which is less intense but in higher frequency – making SHR hair removal more gentle on the skin, with less pain and irritation.
Fact 4: Plucking and waxing shouldn’t be done before IPL Hair Removal
If you pluck or wax the hair before the procedure, IPL will have no target. This is because IPL hair removal fully relies on the melanin (the black pigment of the hair) to target the hair follicle. Without this, the effectiveness of IPL hair removal will be limited. However, you will be advised to shave the hair two days before the treatment. This is because if the hair to be treated is long, it can be painful.
Fact 5: IPL Hair Removal can prevent ingrown hairs
Ingrown hairs occur where the uneven or sharp tip of a regrowing hair grows back into the skin. This results in a trapped hair under the skin that continues growing, which can be very painful and uncomfortable. And it can be especially uncomfortable when it leads to skin irritation like pimples or an inflammation of the hair follicle. IPL hair removal, by preventing hair growth, will prevent ingrown hairs.
Fact 6: IPL Hair Removal can be done at Home
There are IPL devices that can be used at home. However, there may be differences in the effects. The results may never be as successful as with professional practitioner, due to the limitations of the energy level (e.g. home devices are not powerful enough to send adequate energy to your hair follicles for permanent hair removal). But taking precautions and proper procedure might save you. It is always better to get yourself familiar with the device you are using.
Fact 7: IPL Hair Removal was invented in 1997
In August 1997, IPL was reported to have permanently removed terminal hair in two patients who underwent multiple treatments to their beards. In October of that year, the first IPL system developed for hair removal and resulted in 60% hair reduction after 12 weeks.
Because of this, IPL hair removal technology is 25 years old! Since there, there has been other hair removal technologies. For example, SHR hair removal technology is a newer technology as compared to IPL. Developed by Alma Lasers, SHR combines 755nm, 808nm and 1064nm laser wavelengths to target all skin types. In addition, simultaneous contact cooling prevents burns and allows for a more comfortable treatment. This is ideal for skin and hair of all types and causes minimal irritation to the skin. Wellaholic’s SHR Prestige plan allows you hair reduction treatments on all body parts.
Fact 8: Hairs can grow back after IPL hair removal
IPL hair removal can also only treat active hairs (in the ‘anagen’ cycle). So after a course of IPL hair removal, we will have destroyed the suitable treated follicle’s and they will never grow back, but there is a strong possibility that a brand new follicle may activate or follicles, not in the ‘anagen’ phase will still grow. This is the reason why multiple sessions are needed for permanent hair removal.
Fact 9: IPL can also improve the color and texture of your skin
Intense pulsed light (IPL) therapy, aka photofacial, is a way to improve the color and texture of your skin without surgery. It can undo some of the visible damage caused by sun exposure — called photoaging. You may notice it mostly on your face, neck, hands, or chest.
Fact 10: SHR is much safer and more effective as compared to IPL Hair Removal
Because of the gradual accumulation of the energy into the skin, there is less trauma and irritation on the skin – making SHR hair removal ideal and suitable for everyone, regardless of skin tone and even for customers with sensitive skin. In fact, SHR is often considered to be one of the best laser hair removal treatments in Singapore given the various technologies. SHR hair removal is very ideal for Brazilian Hair Removal as it is more gentle on the skin.
SHR Permanent Hair Removal with Unlimited Shots
- Unbeatable in Value and Quality. Wellaholic’s SHR Unlimited Plans offer a hair removal solution that is unbeatable in both value and quality.
- One Price for All Body Parts. Pay just one low price for a complete hair removal experience for all body parts, including unlimited SHR shots.
- Permanent Fuss-Free Solution. Say goodbye to the hassle of expensive and ineffective hair removal methods and trust WellaSmooth to deliver a permanent and fuss-free solution for all your hair removal needs.
Why Choose SHR Unlimited Prestige and Deluxe Plans?
- Diode Laser Technology. Developed by Alma Lasers, SHR combines 755nm, 808nm and 1064nm laser wavelengths to target all skin types.
- SHR is Better Than IPL. SHR has been shown to be more effective and less painful, particularly for individuals with Asian skin, without the discomfort associated with IPL.
- Unlimited Shots. We use as many shots as needed to effectively target the hair follicles.
- Award-Winning. Wellaholic’s WellaSmooth and SHR Hair Removal have been recognized by top beauty publications such as Daily Vanity, Beauty Insider, and Tropika Club Magazine, earning prestigious awards from 2018 to 2023.
- Ideal for All Skin and Hair Colors. SHR Unlimited Plans (Prestige or Deluxe) are perfect for individuals with any skin color or hair color.
- For Men and Women. Wellaholic caters to both men and women with our team of skilled therapists, ensuring that every outlet has a diverse and inclusive environment with male and female professionals readily available to attend to your needs.
WellaSmooth™ Includes the Following Three Hair Removal Services
Wellaholic’s Wellaholic All-inclusive Hair Removal regime includes the following three services:
- SHR Permanent Hair Removal PRESTIGE Unlimited – Enjoy our bestseller SHR hair reduction treatment for all body parts
- Unlimited Shaving Service – Enjoy unlimited shaving service on all body parts
- Skin Whitening/Hydrating (PTT) with AfterGlow – Enjoy post-treatment whitening or hydrating therapy followed by AfterGlow red-light treatment to rejuvenate your skin
See Over 2000 Positive Reviews of Wellaholic (Customer Verifiable)
If you’re looking for a reliable and trustworthy aesthetic chain, Wellaholic might just be the perfect fit for you. With over 2000 genuine customer reviews and testimonials, you can see for yourself why our hair removal services have won numerous awards.
Pricing of SHR Hair Removal Treatments by Wellaholic
- Price Transparency. Wellaholic offers pricing transparency by publishing and updating all prices on our website.
- Flexible Per-Session or Unlimited Plans. Customers can choose from unlimited monthly hair removal plans with unlimited SHR hair removal shots for all body parts, or per-session hair removal price plans.
- Mix and Match Easily. Wellaholic’s hair removal prices are divided into different categories for easy selection.
- No Price Shocks. Customers can expect to pay only for the treatments provided instead of being surprised by additional fees or charges at the end of their hair removal session.
Why Wellaholic is One of the Best Hair Removal Providers in Singapore?
- Leading Hair Removal Chain in Singapore. Wellaholic is a leading hair removal company in Singapore that is highly sought after by customers.
- Quality & Safe Treatments. The company is committed to providing quality and safe treatments with experienced staff.
- Wide Range of Hair Removal Treatments. Wellaholic offers a wide range of laser hair removal treatments for various body parts including Brazilian & Bikini, Underarm, Arms, Back & Shoulder Hair Removal, and Leg Hair Removal.
- Trained & Experienced Consultants. All treatments are performed by trained professionals who understand the skincare needs of both female and male customers.
- Advanced SHR Technology. Advanced SHR technology is used to ensure a safe experience with no downtime or discomfort during the entire process.
- Most Affordable Provider. Wellaholic provides competitive pricing for its treatments which makes it one of the most affordable providers in Singapore.
Reason 1: Wellaholic’s Unlimited Plans Save You Lots of Money
- Unlimited Hair Removal Plans. Wellaholic offers unlimited plans for permanent hair removal with unlimited shots.
- Pay One Price for All Body Parts. Customers pay one nett price for hair removal on all body parts, including chin, lips, underarms, back, chest, stomach, legs, and private regions (both front and back).
- Huge Cost Savings. With the unlimited plan, there are no separate fees for hair removal on different body parts, leading to huge cost savings.
Reason 2: Wellaholic Has Over 50 Awards and 2000 Genuine Customer Reviews
- Over 50 Awards. Wellaholic’s WellaSmooth and SHR Hair Removal have been recognized by top beauty publications such as Daily Vanity, Beauty Insider, and Tropika Club Magazine, earning prestigious awards from 2018 to 2023.
- Over 2000 Verified Customer Reviews. Wellaholic has over 2000 verified positive reviews from our customers in Singapore and beyond.
- Verifiable Reviews. The reviews are verified and positive, which indicates the high level of customer satisfaction (see reviews below).
- Over 50% Repeat Customers. More than 50% of Wellaholic’s customers are repeat and recurring customers.
Reason 3: It’s Easy to Book an Appointment at Wellaholic
- Open 361 Days Per Year. Wellaholic’s 8 outlets are open 361 days a year, including public holidays, so that customers can easily book an appointment.
- No Queues. All appointments are booked in advanced to prevent the need to queue and wait unnecessarily during peak hours.
- Easy Online Booking. Customers can conveniently book and reschedule appointments online or via the booking app.
- No Extra Cost for Choosing Consultant. Customers can select their preferred consultant without having to pay any additional fees.