6 Types of Body Fat & How You Can Remove Them
Table of Contents
- 1 The rising problem of obesity
- 2 “Getting rid of body fat is a balance between healthy diet, exercise and self-care; it’s not a one-size-fits-all approach!”
- 3 Not everyone stores fat in the same places
- 4 Body Type 1: Full Upper Obesity (Android)
- 5 Body Type 2: Stomach-Centred Obesity (Android)
- 6 Body Type 3: Lower Body Obesity (Gynoid)
- 7 Body Type 4: Swollen Stomach or Belly Bulge
- 8 Body Type 5: Lower Body Fat in the Legs
- 9 Body Type 6: Upper Back Fat
- 10 Conclusion
- 11 What is WellaFreeze™ 360 Advanced Fat Freezing?
- 12 WellaFreeze™ 360 uses 360 probes which can freeze and reduce up to 34% of body fat per session with no or minimal bruising to the body.
- 13 Why Choose WellaFreeze™ 360 Advanced Fat Freeze?
- 14 WellaFreeze™ Fat Freezing Can Target the Following Body Parts
- 15 Pricing of Slimming Treatments by Wellaholic
- 16 Why Wellaholic is One of the Best Slimming Treatment Providers in Singapore?
The rising problem of obesity
It’s so easy to put on weight, and so difficult to get back in shape again. Obesity is one of the most common health problems. In fact, nearly 5 million American kids are obese. In England, severe obesity has hit an all-time high among children in England in their last year of primary school, a government report has found. Between 2010 and 2014, obesity surged 24% in Singapore, 27% in Malaysia and 38% in Vietnam.
Ah, Singapore – land of mouthwatering food and one of the world’s most beautiful skylines. Unfortunately, it seems that the country’s love for delicious cuisine has come with a price: obesity. According to recent surveys, the number of obese people in Singapore has been steadily increasing over the years. In fact, the current obesity level is the same as it was over a decade ago. Looks like it’s time for the country to put down the fork and pick up some dumbbells!
“Getting rid of body fat is a balance between healthy diet, exercise and self-care; it’s not a one-size-fits-all approach!”
Not everyone stores fat in the same places
While there are many guides and articles on the internet explaining how to combat obesity and lose weight, a method can be useful for one person but completely unless for another person. Why is this the case? This is because everyone has a specific body type and it is important for each person to understand how his or her body gain weight. Put simply, you have a specific body type. For you to lose weight and get in shape quickly, you will need to know what your body type is and do the right thing. At Wellaholic, we have a list of the body types and how to target each of them for the best weight loss and fat loss results.
Body Type 1: Full Upper Obesity (Android)
Full Upper Body Fat refers to people who tend to eat a lot and are physically inactive. This type of fat accumulates quickly because the person consumes more calories than what he or she can burn it away. Upper body fat distribution has been suggested to be associated with glucose intolerance, insulin resistance, hypertension, atherosclerosis, and hyperlipidemia.
Best Fat Loss Method for Body Type 1
If you belong to this category, you will need to exercise. Aerobic or cardiovascular exercise is essential, because physical activity will help you to burn off the excess calories. Try starting by doing brisk walking, and then gradually progress to slow jogging. You can also consider swimming as the water buoyancy helps you to exercise without increasing the risk of any injuries from running impact. Also, it would be useful to limit your intake of sweets, especially refined sugars. Always avoid soft drinks and desserts as they pack in a lot of unnecessary sugars.
Body Type 2: Stomach-Centred Obesity (Android)
Fat and cellulite can be easily stored in the stomach or tummy area. This is called Stomach-centred obesity. Abdominal obesity, also known as central obesity, occurs when excessive abdominal fat around the stomach and abdomen has built up to the extent that it is likely to have a negative impact on health. Central obesity has been strongly linked to cardiovascular disease, Alzheimer’s disease, and other metabolic and vascular diseases. An excess of visceral fat and cellulite is known as central obesity, the “pot belly” or “beer belly” effect, in which the abdomen protrudes excessively.
Similar to Full Upper Obesity, the main cause is net energy imbalance, where your body consumes more usable calories than it can expend. The main culprits would be the consumption of sugars or fructose, greater meat consumption as well as smoking. Also, a study has shown that alcohol consumption is directly associated with waist circumference and with a higher risk of abdominal obesity in men, but not in women.
Best Fat Loss Method for Body Type 2
If you belong to the Body Type 2, you can try to cut down the consumption of sugars. Also try to eat an moderate amount of meat, and wherever possible avoid alcohol consumption. A permanent routine of exercise, eating healthily, and, during periods of being overweight, consuming the same number or fewer calories than used will prevent and help fight obesity
Body Type 3: Lower Body Obesity (Gynoid)
A gynoid (or pear shaped) body type is typically defined as a rounder, lower half of the body, with more fat deposited in the hips, buttocks and thighs. Conversely, those with an android body type may have greater girth around the chest and abdomen. Gynoid fat in females is used to provide nourishment for offspring and is often referred to as ‘reproductive fat’. This is because it contains long-chain polyunsaturated fatty acids (PUFAs), which are important in the development of foetuses. This is also why this body type 3 applies mostly to females. Interestingly, as the female reaches post-menopause, their potential to store fat and cellulite around the hips and bum decreases and they become much more ‘android’ (see below) in their storage capacity (by as much as 42%). This of course makes sense if female reproductive hormones act as a guide for gynoid storage. Although excess fat levels may lead to the client wishing to reduce them for aesthetic reasons, there is no real immediate health risk of obesity related diseases.
Best Fat Loss Method for Body Type 3
For those with a gynoid body shape (generally seen in women, but can also occur in men), high-intensity interval training and total-body resistance training circuits can be used to effectively burn calories, improve cardiovascular conditioning and reduce subcutaneous fat and cellulite. Also, try not to skip breakfast. If you do not have a good breakfast to kick-start your metabolism in the morning, you will end up getting more hungry as the day progresses and this will cause you to eat more as a form of overcompensation.
Body Type 4: Swollen Stomach or Belly Bulge
Not all belly bulges are the result of excess fat or weight gain. This could be due to either bloating, menopausal hormonal belly bulge, or a beer belly. Bloating is the feeling of pressure or swelling in the stomach. The most common causes are trapped gas or eating too much in a short time. The sensation of bloating can cause abdominal distention, which is a visible swelling or extension of your belly. For menopausal hormonal belly bulge, the hormonal changes that happen to you may contribute to weight gain, usually a few years before menopause. Last but not least, drinking too much beer maybe lead to a beer belly. Beer is made with hops, and hops contain phytoestrogens, which are plant compounds that have similar effects to the female sex hormone estrogen. Though it hasn’t been proven, there is speculation that the phytoestrogens in beer change the way your body stores belly fat.
Best Fat Loss Method for Body Type 4
As with the rest, by exercising more and eating healthier foods while checking on your calories will help you to lose rather than to gain fat. Always limit your alcohol intake as this has been linked to abdominal obesity. Eat more fibre and drink lots of water to maintain regular bowels. Probiotics can also help you lose weight and reduce bloating.
Body Type 5: Lower Body Fat in the Legs
Sometimes, lower body fat can accumulate in the legs. Leg fat may be comprised of different types of fat cells. Subcutaneous fat is most common in the thighs and located right beneath the skin. Intramuscular fat is the fat dispersed within the muscle itself, much like the marbling seen in meat. Now, most of the leg fat is subcutaneous, which poses fewer long-term health concerns. Leg fat and cellulite, particularly on the backs of the thighs, often takes the form of cellulite, dimpled fat deposits. Cellulite is incredibly common in women and reducing it is a frequently-cited desire among women trying to lose weight.
Best Fat Loss Method for Body Type 5
The best way to burn overall body fat is via aerobic exercise. One of the best aerobic exercises for the legs would be cycling. This low intensity exercise is easy for beginners as it does not strain the knees, while increasing muscle endurance in various parts of the legs such as the calves, hamstrings, glutes and the quadriceps. Another good exercise would be lunges. Lunges are among the most comprehensive leg workouts because they tone the quads and the hamstrings while also slimming the inner thighs and buttocks.
Body Type 6: Upper Back Fat
Are you being bothered by upper back fat? Back fat and cellulite can attack in a few different areas. Most men and women experience fat in one of these three areas:
- (1) Upper back fat – where excess fat spills over from the back of the bra strap
- (2) Mid-back fat – where fat folds near the back of the waist, and
- (3) Lower back top fat – where a pocket of fat spills over from the top of the pants in the back.
The best way to find the area you want to target is to stand with a mirror behind you and hold the second mirror in your hand. Make sure you stand up tall so the lines of your body are apparent.
Best Fat Loss Method for Body Type 6
The hardest reality about losing weight is that you can’t just circle a specific spot on your body and melt away the fat. It takes smart full-body training to really burn fat, and you’ll see the results all over. Your number one line of defence against back fat is pull ups. Your back is made up of many different muscles, and a pull-up is an all-encompassing exercise that tones and sculpts them all. Together with pull ups and back exercises, we also highly recommend that you stick to a calorie-deficit diet, which would certainly accelerate your fat loss objectives. If you have tried dieting and exercise and still have trouble with losing back fat and cellulite, you can consider Wellaholic’s WellaFreeze.
Well, well, well, it seems like we have identified the six different types of body fat. Who knew fat could be so diverse and unique? But fear not, my dear readers, for the article also offers a solution to the problem of unwanted body fat. So, whether you have full upper obesity, stomach-centered obesity, lower body obesity, a swollen stomach, or just some plain old excess fat, there is hope for you yet. With the right body slimming techniques, you can say goodbye to those pesky pockets of fat and hello to a slimmer, trimmer you. So, let’s bid adieu to our love handles and muffin tops and embrace a more streamlined physique. After all, who needs all that extra baggage weighing us down?
What is WellaFreeze™ 360 Advanced Fat Freezing?
- WellaFreeze™ 360 Fat Freezing is the latest innovation in fat freezing. It uses a newer Cryolipolysis model over the traditional WellaFreeze cryolipolysis machine.
- WellaFreeze™ 360 Fat Freezing helps target the stubborn fat and cellulite areas of your body that do not react well to exercise and dieting.
- WellaFreeze™ 360 Fat Freezing “dissolves” fat cells controlled cooling at sub-zero temperatures.
- WellaFreeze™ 360 Fat Freezing with its newer technology can remove between 17% to 34% of subcutaneous fat from each session.
- WellaFreeze™ 360 Fat Freezing can treat up to 4 body parts concurrently.
- WellaFreeze™ 360 Fat Freezing takes only 30 minutes per session, due to increased freezing efficiency.
WellaFreeze™ 360 uses 360 probes which can freeze and reduce up to 34% of body fat per session with no or minimal bruising to the body.
Why Choose WellaFreeze™ 360 Advanced Fat Freeze?
- Latest 4th Generation Freezing. WellaFreeze™ 360 advanced fat freezing uses the latest fat freeze technology and is designed for customers who wants to achieve highest fat reduction with fat freezing.
- Up to 34% Fat Loss Each Session. Increase in percentage of fat loss due to newer technology and coverage.
- 360° Surround Cooling Technology. The handles or cooling cups can be adjusted to fit all body curves and contouring for best freezing.
- Breathing Technology Reduces Bruising. “Breathing” technology improves freeze while minimising bruising from the suction.
- Shorter Time Needed. Each duration is reduced from typical 60 minutes to just 30 minutes.
WellaFreeze™ Fat Freezing Can Target the Following Body Parts
- Stomach / Belly / Tummy / Abdomen
- Love Handles / Flanks
- Under the Neck / Double Chin
- Back / Bra Area
- Male Chest (Pseudo gynecomastia)
- Under Buttocks (Banana Roll)
Pricing of Slimming Treatments by Wellaholic
- Price Transparency. Wellaholic offers pricing transparency by publishing and updating all prices on our website.
- Flexible Per-Session or Unlimited Plans. Customers can choose from unlimited monthly or per-session slimming price plans.
- Mix and Match Easily. Wellaholic’s slimming prices are divided into different categories for easy selection.
- No Price Shocks. Customers can expect to pay only for the treatments provided instead of being surprised by additional fees or charges at the end of their slimming session.
Why Wellaholic is One of the Best Slimming Treatment Providers in Singapore?
- Leading Slimming Chain in Singapore. Wellaholic is a leading slimming and body contouring chain in Singapore that is highly sought after by customers.
- Quality & Safe Treatments. The company is committed to providing quality and safe treatments with experienced staff.
- Wide Range of Slimming Treatments. Wellaholic offers a wide range of slimming treatments for various body parts including chin, upper arms, front armpit fat, bra line, gynecomastia, back, upper abdomen, lower abdomen, love handles, underbutt, thighs and knees.
- Trained & Experienced Consultants. All treatments are performed by trained professionals who understand the skincare needs of both female and male customers.
- Advanced Slimming Technology. Advanced slimming technologies such as ultrasound, Cryolipolysis, radio frequency and cold wave lasers are used to ensure a safe experience with no downtime or discomfort during the entire process.
- Most Affordable Provider. Wellaholic provides competitive pricing for its treatments which makes it one of the most affordable providers in Singapore.
Reason 1: Wellaholic Offers Comprehensive Slimming Services and Expertise at Affordable Prices
Wellaholic offers different types of slimming treatments for your fat management needs. Our slimming packages can be broken down into the following categories:
- WellaShape Double Slimming Plan
- Double slimming plan combining 2 slimming technologies at a discounted price.
- Freeze fat via WellaFreeze™ 360 advanced fat freezing.
- Then choose 1 other slimming treatment.
- Most cost-effective slimming combo plan.
- WellaFreeze 360 Advance Fat Freeze
- Latest fat freeze technology with improved freezing and coverage area.
- Efficient freeze reduces treatment time to just 30 minutes per session.
- Each session can remove up to 34% subcutaneous fat.
- Each session includes 2 handles/probes to target 2 body parts concurrently.
- Interchangeable probes to effectively target different body areas & curves.
- “Breathing” technology regulates vacuum suction to minimise bruising.
- WellaFreeze Fat Freezing
- Original fat freeze technology, also known as CoolSculpting.
- Uses sub-zero temperature to freeze and eliminate fat cells.
- Each session can reduce up to 28% subcutaneous fat.
- Each session takes about 45 minutes to 60 minutes per session.
- WellaSculpt RF Body Sculpting
- Advanced RF energy to heat and tighten loose skin.
- Ideal for body sculpting and body sculpting.
- Works well when used in conjunction with fat freezing.
- Each session includes 2 body parts and takes 30 minutes.
- Ultrasonic Cavi 360
- Ultrasound fat cavitation to vibrate and burst the fat deposits.
- Ideal for targeting fats that is less “pinchable” and deeper in the body.
- Can lead to reduction of body mass (1cm to 3cm) in as little as 3 treatments.
- Each session includes 2 body parts and takes 30 minutes.
- Laser Lipo 360
- Cold wave lasers to eliminate fat with no downtime.
- Fat cells absorb laser energy, causing fat to escape from fat cell membrane.
- Each session comes with 8 laser plates for various body parts.
- Each session takes 25 minutes.
- Compliments other slimming treatments.
You can refer to the table below for a breakdown of Wellaholic’s various slimming services and how they can meet your slimming objectives. Our customers generally combine several treatments for the best slimming and body contouring outcome.
|Slimming Treatment||Features||Ideal For Customers Who|
|WellaShape Double Slimming||WellaFreeze 360 + 1 Other Slimming Treatment||– Want quick results|
– Want to combine 2 treatments at discount
|WellaFreeze 360 Advance Fat Freeze||Latest fat freeze technology with 360 handle coverage||– Want up to 34% fat loss|
– Want less bruising
|WellaFreeze Fat Freeze||Original fat freeze technology with 2 freeze plates||– Want to try fat freezing for first time|
|WellaSculpt RF Body Sculpting||Advanced RF energy to tighten loose skin||– Want to get rid of loose skin|
– Want to tone the body
|Ultrasonic Cavi 360||Ultrasound fat cavitation to vibrate and burst the fat deposits||– Want to target fat that is less “pinchable”|
|Laser Lipo 360||Cold wave lasers to eliminate fat with no downtime||– Want to shrink fat cells in conjunction with other treatments|
|Stretch Mark Microneedling||Remove appearance of stretch marks using multiple micro-needles||– Want to remove the appearance of stretch marks (fat loss / pregnancy)|
Reason 2: Wellaholic Has Over 50 Awards and 2000 Genuine Customer Reviews
- Over 50 Awards. Wellaholic’s WellaFreeze 360 and Ultrasonic Cavi 360 have been recognized by top beauty publications such as Daily Vanity, Beauty Insider, and Tropika Club Magazine, earning prestigious awards from 2018 to 2023.
- Over 2000 Verified Customer Reviews. Wellaholic has over 2000 verified positive reviews from our customers in Singapore and beyond.
- Verifiable Reviews. The reviews are verified and positive, which indicates the high level of customer satisfaction (see reviews below).
- Over 50% Repeat Customers. More than 50% of Wellaholic’s customers are repeat and recurring customers.
Reason 3: It’s Easy to Book an Appointment at Wellaholic
- Open 361 Days Per Year. Wellaholic’s 8 outlets are open 361 days a year, including public holidays, so that customers can easily book an appointment.
- No Queues. All appointments are booked in advanced to prevent the need to queue and wait unnecessarily during peak hours.
- Easy Online Booking. Customers can conveniently book and reschedule appointments online or via the booking app.
- No Extra Cost for Choosing Consultant. Customers can select their preferred consultant without having to pay any additional fees.