7 Essential Tips to Maintaining a Healthy Scalp
Table of Contents
- 1. Always Remember to Exfoliate
- 2. Maintain the Moisture Level
- 3. Massage your Scalp
- 4. Limit the use of Chemical Treatments
- 5. Protect Your Scalp from Sun Damage
- 6. Shampoo Daily
- 7. Maintain a Healthy Diet
- HairGrow™ – Hair Regrowth with 3 Scientific Methods
- Is HairGrow™ Backed by Science?
- Pricing of Hair Loss Treatments by Wellaholic
Your scalp is well hidden by your hair, and because of that, the scalp is a part of the body which is often neglected. Like the skin on the rest of your body, your scalp is made up of layers of tissue. The lower layers of the scalp are often the newest and healthiest skin which is produced by your body. On the other hand, the outer layers of your scalp generally comprise of dead tissue and cells that are ready to be turned over by the body and shedded to reveal the newer layers of the skin. In order to take care of your scalp, the Wellaholic Team share 7 essential tips to maintain a healthy scalp and to eradicate scalp-related issues such as dandruff.
1. Always Remember to Exfoliate
Exfoliation of the scalp helps to boost the skin cell turnover. If you can, exfoliate your scalp on a regular basis. In fact, if you suffer from conditions such as psoriasis or dry skin, you might want to exfoliate your scalp about two to three times a week. Exfoliation helps to remove and reduce dead skin cells from your scalp surface. To assist with the exfoliation, you can invest in a facial scrub and mechanically exfoliate your scalp before you apply and cleanse the area with a shampoo.
2. Maintain the Moisture Level
Most of the common scalp problems are the result of dry skin at the scalp. This is exaggerated by dehydrated tissue. when you are showering, try to avoid proposing or scope to hot water when you can. Instead, try to use lukewarm water to rinse your hair, which allows more of the natural sebum necessary for moisturising that issue to remain on your scalp. If you are able to, try to skip using the hair dryer and allow your hair to naturally dry. By air drying your hair, you will allow your scalp to take a break from the drying heat of the hair dryer.
3. Massage your Scalp
It pays to massage your scalp on a regular basis. Beneath the skin on your scalp is an intricate network of blood vessels. This blood vessels carry oxygen and nutrients to the tissues surrounding your scalp. My keeping the circulation going in a scope with massages, you are able to maintain a healthy scalp. How can you massage your scalp? You can spend about 10 minutes or so by using gentle circular motions on your scalp as a massage.
4. Limit the use of Chemical Treatments
Avoid chemical treatments at all costs. While a great perm, straightening or hair colouring treatment can help improve the look of your hair, the chemicals used in this treatments will actually irritate your scalp and caused some damage. If you have to use chemical treatments, always engage a professional to limit the amount of damage it can do to your scalp. Always follow the recommendations of the professional for how often you should touch up. At the first instance of any signs of irritation like teaching or even burning, you must inform your professional stylist immediately and stop the chemical treatment.
5. Protect Your Scalp from Sun Damage
Avoid chemical treatments at all costs. While a great perm, straightening or hair coloring treatment can help improve the look of your hair, the chemicals used in this treatments will actually irritate your scalp and caused some damage. If you have to use chemical treatments, always engage a professional to limit the amount of damage it can do to your scalp. Always follow the recommendations of the professional for how often you should touch up. At the first instance of any signs of irritation like teaching or even burning, you must inform your professional stylist immediately and stop the chemical treatment.
6. Shampoo Daily
You might belong to the group that washes their hair once a day. This is very ideal. However, if you suffer from some scalp problems, you might not be able to wash your hair on a daily basis. While cleaning your scalp is an important part of hair and scalp care, the type of shampoo you use is also important. Always research and invest in a shampoo that is not too harsh for your scalp.
7. Maintain a Healthy Diet
A balanced diet with a great amount of fruits and vegetables will help to supply your scalp with the necessary nutrients to keep it in good form. If necessary, augment your daily diet with health supplements such as vitamins that can also help keep your hair healthy. All cells need vitamin A for growth. This includes hair, the fastest growing tissue in the human body. Vitamin A also helps skin glands make an oily substance called sebum. Sebum moisturises the scalp and helps keep hair healthy. One of the best known vitamins for hair growth is a B-vitamin called biotin. Studies link biotin deficiency with hair loss in humans. Although biotin is used as an alternative hair-loss treatment, those who are deficient have the best results.
HairGrow™ – Hair Regrowth with 3 Scientific Methods
What is HairGrow™ Hair Regrowth Plan?
- HairGrow™ is an effective solution for hair loss by combining Wellaholic’s three hair regrowth treatments with free additional weekly Low Level Laser Treatments (LLLT) to supercharge your hair regrowth. See results over a 12-week period.
- HairGrow combines all three different scientific hair regrowth treatments of Microneedling for Scalp, Scalp Booster and LLLT to accelerate your hair regrowth efforts. Pay for 2 treatments and get the 3rd treatment free. This includes a monthly supply of Minoxidil with Royal Jelly to jumpstart your hair growth.
Is HairGrow™ Backed by Science?
- HairGrow™ includes three different types of technology treatments.
- They have numerous research reports and case studies backing them up.
- Case Study 1 (2013) concluded that the group which combined Microneedling with Minoxidil application saw a significant hair growth as compared to the minoxidil-only group.
- Case Study 2 (2014) concluded the boosting effect of microneedling with respect to new hair follicle stimulation in patients with androgenetic alopecia who were poor responders to conventional therapy.
- Case Study 3 (2013) concluded that 47% of the patients’ hair growth occurred in 7 weeks earlier for the group with LLLT treatment compared to the group without.
- Case Study 4 (2013) concluded a 35% increase in hair growth for the males with the LLLT helmet.
Pricing of Hair Loss Treatments by Wellaholic
Wellaholic believes in providing pricing transparency, and hence all prices are published and updated on its website. Choose from a single-session plan or choose a multi-session plan for greater discounts. Wellaholic’s hair loss treatments are generally divided into the following categories:
Please click on the menu below to see the pricing for the various hair loss treatments by Wellaholic. Prices are nett and inclusive of GST.
How Do I Choose the Right Hair Loss Treatment Plan for Me?
Depending on your hair regrowth needs you can choose the following plans:
- Wellaholic is well-known in the industry for our transparent pricing and no hard selling.
- In fact, we are probably the only aesthetic establishment in Singapore that publishes our prices openly.
- All prices are nett and inclusive of GST, and are actual prices (i.e. not trial prices).
- You can read our amazing reviews here.