7 Expert Tips for Getting the Best Results from Your SHR Hair Removal Treatment
Table of Contents
- 1 Introduction
- 2 “Achieving the best results from your SHR treatment requires dedication, but with patience and consistency you can expect lasting smoothness!”
- 3 1. Avoid the sun. Always.
- 4 2. You need to shave before treatment
- 5 3. The optimal hair growth cycle starts from 28 days
- 6 4. Update your skin colour and ethnicity to get the right settings
- 7 5. You will need 6 to 12 sessions to see good results
- 8 6. Post-Treatment Whitening and Hydration
- 9 7. Seek Out a Provider that Provides Lifetime Coverage
- 10 WellaSmooth™. Pay One Low Price for Hair Removal for All Body Parts with Unlimited SHR Shots
- 11 WellaSmooth™ Includes the Following 3 Hair Removal Services
- 12 Why Choose Wellaholic WellaSmooth™?
- 13 See Over 2000 Positive Reviews of Wellaholic (Customer Verifiable)
- 14 Pricing of Hair Removal Treatments by Wellaholic
- 15 Why Wellaholic is One of the Best Hair Removal Providers in Singapore?
So you have decided to give it a go and try hair removal in Singapore. After reading about the various kinds of hair removal, you have settled on SHR hair removal as it is a newer form of hair removal technology and more effective and less painful than IPL hair removal. A quick search on Google brought you to Wellaholic as one of the leading SHR hair removal treatment chains in Singapore. Congratulations! We look forward to helping you with your hair removal objectives. Nevertheless, how can you fully maximise your SHR hair removal treatment to achieve the best possible results? Based on various scientific journals on SHR hair removal technology and expert panel discussions, we share with you 7 expert tips for getting the best results from your SHR hair removal treatment, including some unique to Wellaholic.
“Achieving the best results from your SHR treatment requires dedication, but with patience and consistency you can expect lasting smoothness!”
1. Avoid the sun. Always.
We have said this to our customers too often. Always avoid full sun exposure (to the treated area) before and after the SHR, IPL or laser hair removal treatment. While you might want to go to the beach to show off your nice and smoothly body, we would caution you from doing that. This is because the treated areas would have been subjected to strong SHR energies in order to affect the hair follicles to stop hair growth. By exposing your skin to the sun, you would be over-stressing your skin, and this may lead to skin complications such as hyper-pigmentation. Always try to give at least a week or two of gap between treatments and sun exposure, and if you really, really need to be exposed to the sun. Use a reliable sun protection, such as our award-winning Wellaholic Daily Sunscreen, Winner of Best Skincare for Best Face Sunscreen (Reader’s Choice Awards) by Beauty Insider Beauty & Wellness Awards 2019.
2. You need to shave before treatment
Contrary to what your friends might have told you, you actually need to shave before your SHR treatment. By shaving, you allow the SHR energy to be fully absorbed by the hair follicles, thereby improving the effectiveness of the treatment. Ideally, shaving a day before treatment (most customers do that in the evening prior to their treatment). Nevertheless, there are always difficult-to-reach areas such as the back and the private areas. At Wellaholic, we have our bestseller WellaSmooth Ultimate Plan which includes not only unlimited full body SHR treatment, but also unlimited shaving and post-treatment whitening or hydration with AfterGlow. Careful and experienced shaving will help prevent ingrown hairs which can create acne and other skin issues.
3. The optimal hair growth cycle starts from 28 days
This is one of the most common misconception about hair removal. We do have many customers thinking that after their first session, their hairs will stop growing. This is actually not the case. This is because what happens is that when one follicle dies, there might be another one next to it that may regenerate itself. Hair grows in different cycles so at any time, 30 to 60 percent of the hair is in the anagen growth cycle stage. The laser is targeting the hairs in the growth stage. The dead ones that are dead will shed after a few weeks. By the time you go for your next appointment (recommended 28 days later, to time with the hair growth cycle), the hairs that were in their growth stage will now by in their dormant or dying stage. This is also why we always advise customers to stick to a strict 28-day treatment schedule to see the best results.
4. Update your skin colour and ethnicity to get the right settings
Lasers work differently on light and dark skins. People with fair skin will fall under Type 1, 2 and 3 and responds best to shorter wavelength (755 nanometers), which is easy on the skin and also effective on light hair. On the other hand, people with dark skin will fall under Type 4, 5 and 6 (where Type 4 is Indian, and Type 5 and 6 being African American). In this case, we will use a wavelength that bypasses the epidermis and has a long pulse like the 1064 nanometers and safe on their type of skin. In short, always sharing with our consultant your hair type and colour, as well as your skin type and colour to allow the consultant to adjust the setting that’s best suited for you. This is to avoid any side effects such as hyperpigmentation from the treatment itself.
5. You will need 6 to 12 sessions to see good results
Laser hair removal is a procedure where a specific beam of light bypasses the epidermis and targets the follicle. This disables the reproductive cycle of the hair without hurting the skin. As laser hair removal destroys the follicle, the hair shaft becomes weak and limp, and with repeated treatments – about 6 to 12 treatments – the follicle dies and no hair grows. For areas with a dense hair follicles, there are more hair follicles to treat, and hence more treatments are necessary to target all hair follicles with varying hair growth cycles. Based on our experience, facial hair and hair at the private areas require 12 or more treatments to fully stop hair growth.
If you have sensitive skin, start with a lighter energy setting. While you may require more treatments, it will help to prevent any undesirable side effects.
6. Post-Treatment Whitening and Hydration
If you are suffering from hyperpigmentation issues (common at the underarm areas or the private regions), you might want to consider our Skin Whitening. Further enhance the tone and suppleness of your treated skin with our PTT or Post-Treatment Therapy with AfterGlow. Choose from either Whitening Therapy for hyperpigmented or darkened skin, or choose our Hydrating Therapy for accelerated skin repair from the harsh SHR energy rays. Then end it off with our AfterGlow™ red light treatment which helps to repair and rejuvenate your treated skin.
WHITENING OR HYDRATING? YOU DECIDE
- Whitening – With dipotassium glycyrrhizinate which inhibits tyrosinase activity and melanin production
- Hydrating – Help calm inflammation and reduce irritation associated with hair removal treatments
- AfterGlow – Red light therapy penetrates deeper into the skin than other light wavelengths and is able to rejuvenate skin
7. Seek Out a Provider that Provides Lifetime Coverage
While SHR helps to permanently remove hair after 8 to 12 sessions, we have a small number of customers that see hair growth in specific areas after some time has passed. This could be due to their genetics (specifically hair gene Lhx2). We felt that it is not fair for customers to pay a full price again to treat the area again. Our proposed solution: a LIFETIME MAINTAIN MODE for these customers. This Lifetime plan is unique to Wellaholic, and we have not seen any other providers able to offer this to their customers.
If you qualify for Lifetime Maintain Mode, you get to enjoy >50% discount off per-session SHR hair removal treatment rates for the rest of your lifetime! This is our way to taking care of customers who might have completed the SHR hair removal regime but find hairs growing back again some time in the future. With this Lifetime Maintain Mode, you will never have to pay full retail prices for maintenance treatments with Wellaholic!
WellaSmooth™. Pay One Low Price for Hair Removal for All Body Parts with Unlimited SHR Shots
- Unbeatable in Value and Quality. WellaSmooth offers a all-inclusive hair removal solution that is unbeatable in both value and quality.
- One Price for All Body Parts. Pay just one low price for a complete hair removal experience for all body parts, including unlimited SHR shots.
- Shaving + Hair Removal + Whitening. WellaSmooth also includes full body shaving service and post-treatment whitening/hydration to prevent hyperpigmentation.
- Permanent Fuss-Free Solution. Say goodbye to the hassle of expensive and ineffective hair removal methods and trust WellaSmooth to deliver a permanent and fuss-free solution for all your hair removal needs.
WellaSmooth™ Includes the Following 3 Hair Removal Services
- SHR Permanent Hair Removal PRESTIGE Unlimited – Enjoy our bestseller SHR hair reduction treatment for all body parts
- Unlimited Shaving Service – Enjoy unlimited shaving service on all body parts
- Skin Whitening/Hydrating (PTT) with AfterGlow – Enjoy post-treatment whitening or hydrating therapy followed by AfterGlow red-light treatment to rejuvenate your skin
Why Choose Wellaholic WellaSmooth™?
- Diode Laser Technology. Developed by Alma Lasers, SHR combines 755nm, 808nm and 1064nm laser wavelengths to target all skin types.
- SHR is Better Than IPL. SHR has been shown to be more effective and less painful, particularly for individuals with Asian skin, without the discomfort associated with IPL.
- Unlimited Shots. We use as many shots as needed to effectively target the hair follicles.
- Award-Winning. Wellaholic’s WellaSmooth and SHR Hair Removal have been recognized by top beauty publications such as Daily Vanity, Beauty Insider, and Tropika Club Magazine, earning prestigious awards from 2018 to 2023.
- Ideal for All Skin and Hair Colors. WellaSmooth is perfect for individuals with any skin color or hair color.
- For Men and Women. Wellaholic caters to both men and women with our team of skilled therapists, ensuring that every outlet has a diverse and inclusive environment with male and female professionals readily available to attend to your needs.
See Over 2000 Positive Reviews of Wellaholic (Customer Verifiable)
If you’re looking for a reliable and trustworthy aesthetic chain, Wellaholic might just be the perfect fit for you. With over 2000 genuine customer reviews and testimonials, you can see for yourself why our hair removal services have won numerous awards.
Pricing of Hair Removal Treatments by Wellaholic
- Price Transparency. Wellaholic offers pricing transparency by publishing and updating all prices on our website.
- Flexible Per-Session or Unlimited Plans. Customers can choose from unlimited monthly hair removal plans with unlimited SHR hair removal shots for all body parts, or per-session hair removal price plans.
- Mix and Match Easily. Wellaholic’s hair removal prices are divided into different categories for easy selection.
- No Price Shocks. Customers can expect to pay only for the treatments provided instead of being surprised by additional fees or charges at the end of their hair removal session.
Why Wellaholic is One of the Best Hair Removal Providers in Singapore?
- Leading Hair Removal Chain in Singapore. Wellaholic is a leading hair removal company in Singapore that is highly sought after by customers.
- Quality & Safe Treatments. The company is committed to providing quality and safe treatments with experienced staff.
- Wide Range of Hair Removal Treatments. Wellaholic offers a wide range of laser hair removal treatments for various body parts including Brazilian & Bikini, Underarm, Arms, Back & Shoulder Hair Removal, and Leg Hair Removal.
- Trained & Experienced Consultants. All treatments are performed by trained professionals who understand the skincare needs of both female and male customers.
- Advanced SHR Technology. Advanced SHR technology is used to ensure a safe experience with no downtime or discomfort during the entire process.
- Most Affordable Provider. Wellaholic provides competitive pricing for its treatments which makes it one of the most affordable providers in Singapore.
Reason 1: Wellaholic’s Unlimited Plans Save You Lots of Money
- Unlimited Hair Removal Plans. Wellaholic offers unlimited plans for permanent hair removal with unlimited shots.
- Pay One Price for All Body Parts. Customers pay one nett price for hair removal on all body parts, including chin, lips, underarms, back, chest, stomach, legs, and private regions (both front and back).
- Huge Cost Savings. With the unlimited plan, there are no separate fees for hair removal on different body parts, leading to huge cost savings.
Reason 2: Wellaholic Has Over 50 Awards and 2000 Genuine Customer Reviews
- Over 50 Awards. Wellaholic’s WellaSmooth and SHR Hair Removal have been recognized by top beauty publications such as Daily Vanity, Beauty Insider, and Tropika Club Magazine, earning prestigious awards from 2018 to 2023.
- Over 2000 Verified Customer Reviews. Wellaholic has over 2000 verified positive reviews from our customers in Singapore and beyond.
- Verifiable Reviews. The reviews are verified and positive, which indicates the high level of customer satisfaction (see reviews below).
- Over 50% Repeat Customers. More than 50% of Wellaholic’s customers are repeat and recurring customers.
Reason 3: It’s Easy to Book an Appointment at Wellaholic
- Open 361 Days Per Year. Wellaholic’s 8 outlets are open 361 days a year, including public holidays, so that customers can easily book an appointment.
- No Queues. All appointments are booked in advanced to prevent the need to queue and wait unnecessarily during peak hours.
- Easy Online Booking. Customers can conveniently book and reschedule appointments online or via the booking app.
- No Extra Cost for Choosing Consultant. Customers can select their preferred consultant without having to pay any additional fees.