7 Clever Ways to Stop Hair Loss
Table of Contents
- Over 53% of Singapore Women Polled Report Hair Loss as Primary Hair Concern
- Method 1: Add Iron in Your Diet
- Method 2: Add Protein in Your Diet
- Method 3: Consider the Mediterranean diet
- Method 4: Use over-the-counter hair loss medication
- Method 5: Microneedling for Scalp
- Method 6: Scalp Booster with Mesotherapy and Electroporation
- Method 7: Try Low-Level Laser Light Therapy (LLLT)
- Pricing of Hair Loss Treatments by Wellaholic
Over 53% of Singapore Women Polled Report Hair Loss as Primary Hair Concern
If you have actually been splitting hairs over shedding your hair, you’re not alone. Hair loss, called alopecia, is a typical problem impacting more than 500 million individuals worldwide. According to a survey executed amongst women in Singapore in 2019, over 53% of respondents aged 35 to 44 years reported hair loss as their key hair concern. So exactly how do you know if you’re losing greater than normal? Typically, many people shed about 100 hairs of hair a day. And also with new hairs growing to happen of the ones shed, most won’t notice a difference.
But if less or no strands grow back as well as you start seeing a declining hairline or thinning locations, you could have alopecia. In this updated article, Team Wellaholic will talk about 7 clever ways to stop hair loss.
Method 1: Add Iron in Your Diet
The hair cells are the fastest expanding cells in the body but they are additionally the very first ones to be impacted you don’t eat appropriate or experience deficiencies due to the fact that they are not required for survival. All the nutrients that you consume are first sent out to the parts of the body that really need them like the heart, liver, kidneys and afterwards what’s left benefits your hair. This makes it vital for you to eat the ideal nutrients as well as in the ideal quantities.
Iron shortage is extra common in women of childbearing age than men and also postmenopausal females. In this situation, the blood does not have enough red blood cells which carry oxygen to the cells and provide you the energy that you need. When hair follicles grow, they require a lot of iron. Ladies that consistently have hefty menstrual periods go to a high risk of ending up being iron deficient. This makes iron deficiency among the most common reasons for hair loss amongst females. If you have a healthy and balanced lady losing hair it is most likely as a result of iron shortage. You need to also obtain your Vitamin D and also Vitamin B12 levels inspected, these deficiencies can additionally create hair loss.
Method 2: Add Protein in Your Diet
A solitary hair of hair is composed of protein fiber which implies that it calls for an adequate dose of healthy protein to expand. If you do not take in sufficient healthy protein, your body will certainly allocate the amount offered by removing the supply to the hair follicles. If you do not eat adequate healthy protein, your hair is most likely to become completely dry as well as brittle. Every cell needs healthy protein for life; they are required for cells repair work and also for the construction of new cells.
At a certain time, about 90% of your hair strands are in the expanding phase which can last for 2 to 3 years. As soon as this stage mores than, they become part of a relaxing stage for another 3 months and also lastly they dropped and also are changed by brand-new hairs. If you do not have enough healthy protein in your diet plan, a large number of strands may get in the resting stage at the same time and also hair loss might end up being obvious.
Your everyday healthy protein intake should preferably be 30% of the complete calorie count that one consumes. Total healthy proteins are those which contain all essential amino acids such as cheese, milk, soy, legumes, lentils, eco-friendly peas, quinoa and also yogurt. Amino acids are the building blocks of healthy protein, there are eight important amino acids that the body does not produce and must be stemmed from your diet plan.
Method 3: Consider the Mediterranean diet
A 2018 research study revealed that a diet having raw vegetables as well as fresh herbs, like the Mediterranean diet regimen, may lower the threat of androgenic alopecia (female pattern baldness or male pattern baldness) or reduce its beginning.
Finest outcomes were observed when individuals taken in high quantities of these foods– such as parsley, basil, salad greens– greater than 3 days a week. The Mediterranean diet regimen is a method of consuming that’s based on the traditional foods of Greece, Italy as well as various other nations that border the Mediterranean Sea. Plant-based foods, such as entire grains, vegetables, legumes, fruits, nuts, seeds, natural herbs as well as spices, are the structure of the diet plan.
Method 4: Use over-the-counter hair loss medication
Topical solution, lotion or foam including Minoxidil are applied to the damaged location of the scalp. Minoxidil works by raising blood flow to the hair follicles as well as boosts them to boost hair growth and also slow balding.
You can acquire topical therapy of Minoxidil without a prescription at drug stores. Some reported side effects of the medication are itching, dry skin, inflammation and scaling at the site of application. Consult your pharmacist or medical professional if the signs continue or end up being frustrating.
Note: The rate of brand-new hair development varies from person to person. Hair development typically occurs after a minimum of 2 to 4 months with constant use. Topical Minoxidil is only efficient for as long as it is used. Loss of hair will take place over a period of 3 to 4 months after Minoxidil therapy is quit. Hair density will certainly revert back to the degree prior to the medication was started.
Method 5: Microneedling for Scalp
Microneedling for Scalp helps treat hair loss and promote hair regrowth. Microneedling for Scalp is a Collagen Induction Therapy hair loss treatment in Singapore which is also able to cause controlled trauma in the scalp to promote hair growth. Together with the use of Minoxidil 5%, Microneedling can lead to positive effects on hair growth over a 12-week period. Especially effective for patients with Alopecia Areata and Androgenetic Alopecia, or male pattern baldness, receding hairline and thinning hair.
HOW IS MICRONEEDLING FOR SCALP TREATMENT CONDUCTED?
- The Microneedling for Scalp procedure is comfortable and easy with no downtime.
- Prior to the treatment, please keep your hair washed and cleaned. Avoid applying wax, gel, clay, etc.
- Before your treatment, our friendly consultant will check to find areas with hair loss and make a note of it.
- The treated area is cleaned with alcohol to disinfect the area.
- The Microneedling for Scalp treatment is started. This may take between 20 to 40 minutes depending on the size of the area.
- The consultant will apply the 5% Minoxidil and gently massage the area for 5 minutes.
Method 6: Scalp Booster with Mesotherapy and Electroporation
HairGrow Scalp Booster uses two proven technologies of WellaBoost – Method One (High Pressure Jet Spray) and Method Two (Electroporation). This helps to improve the absorption of Minoxidil by the scalp by up to 17 times and is ideal for treating hair loss.
In a study conducted using various interventions for treating alopecia and hair loss, up to 54% found both mesotherapy and minoxidil intervention effective in reducing hair loss when used together. There was ample evidence to support the efficacy and safety of topical minoxidil when used with mesotherapy.
BENEFITS OF SCALP BOOSTER
- HairGrow™ Scalp Booster has been proven to increase 38% hair cell growth in 4 weeks, and 600% improvement in hair thickness when used with Minoxidil. It can help to reduce hair loss and also treat Alopecia.
- HairGrow™ Scalp Booster is non-invasive and needle-free.
- HairGrow™ Scalp Booster can see up to 17x improvement in absorption of active ingredients for hair regrowth.
- The treatment is safe, painless, with no downtime and no side effects.
Method 7: Try Low-Level Laser Light Therapy (LLLT)
The FDA has approved this newer treatment to help with hair growth. LLLT is a modern non-surgical hair loss treatment. LLLT uses laser light to stimulate cell growth and supercharge hair follicles. This laser technology helps to combat hair loss and improve the volume and appearance of hair. The LLLT helmet is FDA approved. The LLLT treatment has been proven to have no side effects and takes about 20 minutes per session.
According to a 2014 study, low-level laser therapy appeared to be safe and effective for hair growth in both men and women. A 2013 study of 41 males ages 18 to 48 found that laser hair treatment provided a 39 percent increase in hair growth over a period of 16 weeks.
Study 1: Low-Level Laser (Light) Therapy (LLLT) for Treatment of Hair Loss (2013) [source]
- In 2013, a study was conducted with 15 patients using a device stimulating LLLT (6000 to 1600nm).
- The patients’ scalps were irradiated regularly with the device.
- As a result of this study, 47% of the patients’ hair growth occured in 1.6 months earlier in irradiated areas than in non-irradiated areas.
- 48 males were recruited. 22 males were subjected to the LLLT helmet with 5MW lasers and 30 LEDS (655+20nm). The remaining 19 were placebo.
- Based on this study, there was a 35% increase in hair growth for the males with the LLLT helmet.
- LLLT of the scalp at 655 nm significantly improved hair counts in males with androgenetic alopecia
Pricing of Hair Loss Treatments by Wellaholic
Wellaholic believes in providing pricing transparency, and hence all prices are published and updated on its website. Choose from a single-session plan or choose a multi-session plan for greater discounts. Wellaholic’s hair loss treatments are generally divided into the following categories:
Please click on the menu below to see the pricing for the various hair loss treatments by Wellaholic. Prices are nett and inclusive of GST.
How Do I Choose the Right Hair Loss Treatment Plan for Me?
Depending on your hair regrowth needs you can choose the following plans:
- Wellaholic is well-known in the industry for our transparent pricing and no hard selling.
- In fact, we are probably the only aesthetic establishment in Singapore that publishes our prices openly.
- All prices are nett and inclusive of GST, and are actual prices (i.e. not trial prices).
- You can read our amazing reviews here.
HairGrow™ Unlimited (4 x Microneedling for Scalp + 4 x HairGrow Scalp Booster + 4 x LLLT per month)