Does Teeth Whitening Really Work?
Table of Contents
- 1 Introduction to Teeth Whitening
- 2 “A beautiful smile is worth a thousand words – and brighter teeth can make it even more radiant!”
- 3 The Science of Teeth Whitening
- 4 What are the Causes of Teeth Stains?
- 5 What causes brown colour/stain in between teeth in the gum?
- 6 What is Tray Whitening?
- 7 What is the Light-Activated Whitening System
- 8 Applying Bleaching Gel To Brighten Teeth
- 9 What are the Advantages of Using Bleaching Gel
- 10 What are the Drawbacks of Using Bleaching Gel?
- 11 Why Choose Carbamide for Teeth Whitening
- 12 How to use Whitening Strips To Whiten Your Teeth?
- 13 What to expect during a Teeth Whitening Treatment?
- 14 Will Teeth Whitening Cause Tooth or Teeth Sensitivity?
- 15 Conclusion
- 16 TeethWhite™ Teeth Whitening – Get Up to 12 Shades Whiter
- 17 What is TeethWhite™ Teeth Whitening Treatment?
- 18 Is TeethWhite™ Backed By Science?
- 19 See Over 2000 Positive Reviews of Wellaholic (Customer Verifiable)
- 20 Pricing of Teeth Whitening Treatments by Wellaholic
- 21 Why Wellaholic is One of the Best Teeth Whitening Providers in Singapore?
Introduction to Teeth Whitening
Nobody likes to carry a lovely smile with yellow stains. Small retouch can keep your smile bright and white for many years and decades. There are many oral clinics worldwide which provide simple on the pocket teeth whitening treatments. The teeth lightening treatment actually works if you remain in good hands. You heard it right. It definitely depends upon the dental professional and his/her experience but to some extent, it also depends on you, how you take care of your charming teeth after teeth whitening treatment and preserve your whiter smile.
Teeth lightening or bleaching is a cosmetic procedure that gets rid of spots from teeth and makes them a whiter, brighter colour. It can be performed by dentists or aestheticians. Stains collect both on the surface and inside the tooth. This staining can be caused by time and specific food and beverages like soda and coffee. There are numerous over the counter whitening sets that are basic to use, but others who want a more aggressive treatment go to a dental professional’s office to find it.
“A beautiful smile is worth a thousand words – and brighter teeth can make it even more radiant!”
The Science of Teeth Whitening
The lightening strategy is frequently performed utilizing some sort of bleaching gel. This gel is made up of either hydrogen peroxide or carbamide peroxide, the more steady version. When the gel is applied to a person’s teeth, the peroxide breaks down into oxygen molecules that work effectively to go inside the teeth and break down discolorations that sit inside the pores of tooth enamel. Tooth discolorations in fact trigger less light to shine through teeth, making them look dull. When the discolorations disintegrate, they develop less of a clog for the light. The outcome is that more light has the ability to shine through the teeth and they look whiter.
What are the Causes of Teeth Stains?
Teeth stains can be caused by many factors. Certain foods and drinks can cause teeth stains, and as we’ve talked about, tooth discoloration is also a product of several biological factors, including the transparency of your tooth enamel.
There are many causes of discoloured teeth—some of which could have possibly been prevented, and many of which are beyond your control. This comprehensive list can help you determine the cause of discoloured teeth, and in many cases, help prevent further discolouring of your teeth:
- Food & Drink: Coffee, tea, dark sodas, red wine, and even a few fruits and vegetables are proven causes of discoloured teeth.
- Tobacco: Both cigarettes and chewing tobacco can contribute to discoloured teeth.
- Oral Care: Poor dental hygiene, such as inadequate brushing or flossing, can lead to tooth discoloration.
- Trauma or Disease: Any trauma, illness, or disease that affects enamel development in children—either in the womb or while teeth are developing (under the age of 8)—can cause discoloured teeth. Trauma to adult teeth can also cause discoloured teeth. In addition, there are a few diseases and disease treatments that can cause discoloured teeth. Chemotherapy and radiation, for example, discolour teeth.
- Medical Treatments: Sometimes medical treatments can contribute to teeth stain, and several classes of medications including high blood pressure medications, chemotherapy, antihistamines and some antipsychotic medications can cause teeth stains.
What causes brown colour/stain in between teeth in the gum?
The brown stains seen in between the teeth in the gums are external stains that are due to substances deposited on the outer surface of teeth, behind the teeth, on the chewing surface and along the gum line. Coffee and tea are the most likely culprits causing brown stains to develop at the gum line and between the teeth. The answer is to drink less coffee and tea, NOT drink it continuously all day, and to brush and floss after every meal to help reduce the staining.
What is Tray Whitening?
Tray whitening is a teeth whitening technique that involves using custom-fitted trays filled with a bleaching gel to whiten teeth at home. According to a study published on PubMed, tray whitening has become a popular option for at-home bleaching regimens. With tray whitening, dental professionals create custom trays that fit over your teeth and are filled with a bleaching gel. Patients then wear the trays for a specified period of time, usually for several hours a day over the course of several weeks. Tray whitening is generally considered safe and effective for removing surface stains and achieving a brighter, more youthful-looking smile. However, it’s important to consult with your dentist to determine if tray whitening is right for you and to ensure that the bleaching gel is used properly to avoid any potential side effects.
What is the Light-Activated Whitening System
A whitening powder is added to your teeth and after that the UV light is precisely positioned with the raised power. This light assists to accelerate the teeth bleaching. Outcomes are incredibly quick, some people start noticing in simply 45 minutes after the process.
Here is a table outlining some differences between tray teeth whitening and light-activated teeth whitening:
|Features||Tray Teeth Whitening||Light-Activated Teeth Whitening|
|Procedure Time||Several weeks||About an hour|
|Immediate Result||Gradual||More immediate and dramatic|
|Cost||Less expensive||More expensive|
|Sensitivity||May cause sensitivity||May cause sensitivity|
Applying Bleaching Gel To Brighten Teeth
One of the teeth whitening approaches that lots of people try in the house is utilizing a lightening gel. Whitening gel is quite inexpensive and easy to discover. Lightening gels are made from a peroxide solution that can be used in a number of various methods. The gel can be applied in a whitening tray that fits over the teeth, or with a little brush or a toothbrush. It likewise can be taken into a whitening pen and applied with the pen.
What are the Advantages of Using Bleaching Gel
One of the benefits of using lightening gel to brighten teeth is the ease of use. Since you can use the gel in a tray, in a pen, or painted directly onto the teeth with a brush it makes it simple for people to apply the gel in whatever approach works for them. Whitening gel works in as low as 10 minutes, that makes it ideal for people who want to brighten their teeth before going out or going to work. Whitening gel also is not as messy as some other types of tooth lightening products because it is a thick gel. But in spite of the advantages utilizing bleaching gel is not always the very best option for tooth whitening.
What are the Drawbacks of Using Bleaching Gel?
Whitening gel, like lots of other peroxide based tooth whiteners, doesn’t considerably whiten teeth. If your teeth have some small staining or are simply looking dull then a bleaching gel will make your teeth look whiter. However if your teeth are blemished or seriously stained the peroxide gel will not have enough power to significantly bleach your teeth. Another disadvantage is that the gel has to remain on your teeth in order to work which implies you can’t eat, consume, or do anything that may loosen up the gel from the teeth the entire time that you’re wearing the gel. Using the gel everyday can deteriorate the enamel on your teeth and with time it can cause level of sensitivity or make any existing sensitivity even worse.
Why Choose Carbamide for Teeth Whitening
If you’re looking for a safe and effective way to whiten your teeth, carbamide peroxide may be a great choice. One of the main benefits of carbamide peroxide is that it takes longer to release its whitening power, resulting in a more gradual and natural-looking whitening effect. Additionally, carbamide peroxide causes less sensitivity compared to hydrogen peroxide, which is a problem some people experience with teeth whitening products.
Another advantage of carbamide peroxide is that it’s a combination of hydrogen peroxide and urea, or carbamide, which are both safe and effective whitening agents ]. Some teeth whitening products use other ingredients like PAP, which is also safe and effective, but may not provide the gradual whitening effect that carbamide peroxide does.
Here is a table showing some of the benefits of Carbamide Peroxide for teeth whitening:
|Gradual whitening||Carbamide peroxide takes longer to release its whitening power, resulting in a more gradual and natural-looking whitening effect.|
|Reduced sensitivity||Some people experience sensitivity with hydrogen peroxide and carbamide peroxide, but PAP, which is another ingredient being used in whitening products, doesn’t release any free radicals during the oxidization process, causing no sensitivity. However, carbamide peroxide causes less sensitivity than hydrogen peroxide.|
How to use Whitening Strips To Whiten Your Teeth?
Nowadays there are several options for a brilliant, white smile which differ significantly from those of ancient times. One such technique is whitening strips. The latter are comprised of polyethylene. This is a flexible material consisting of hydrogen peroxide. Humidity is caused when you use these strips to your teeth and a chemical reaction happens. A mild acid is formed which removes some teeth discolorations.
When utilizing lightening strips you need to keep in mind of the maker’s guidelines. When you understand how to use these strips they yield positive outcomes. However, you need to not utilize these strips always since they can damage the teeth enamel in addition to the tissue under the gum. Moreover, extended application of lightening strips triggers your teeth to end up being transparent thus appearing darker. Likewise, you must avoid exposing the gums to these strips as this can trigger inflammation.
What to expect during a Teeth Whitening Treatment?
A preliminary examine your teeth will typically be conducted to make sure that you are suitable for teeth bleaching procedures. With the right treatment alternative, the process will be comfortable. The average lightening treatment takes about 40 minutes, that includes cleaning up and a post-treatment debrief.
Extremely few of our patients ever grumble about tooth level of sensitivity, nevertheless, some clients have experienced sensitivity during and even after bleaching with other brands. Compared to take-home kits, the unique gels that we utilize in-office include a really high concentration of hydrogen peroxide of 35% but we have the ability to safeguard the gums during the treatment. This ensures minimal threat of chemical burns on the gums. Due to the high effectiveness of the gel we use, it can achieve the whitest results that can last for months and even years.
Each patients’ teeth will just achieve an optimum brightness for their teeth. Carried out appropriately, the teeth will lighten to the optimum for your teeth. Repeated bleaching does not seem to enhance the colour. Must the shade of your teeth not be satisfactory, other options, like composite or porcelain veneers, may be considered.
Will Teeth Whitening Cause Tooth or Teeth Sensitivity?
Around 66% of all people experience tooth level of tooth sensitivity to some degree. For the majority of it is extremely moderate but for others it can be more intense. It is possible for teeth whitening to cause tooth sensitivity in some people. However, if teeth whitening products are used correctly, they should not have an adverse effect on oral health, as stated by Dentaly.org.
Tooth Sensitivity and Bleaching Agents
Tooth sensitivity after teeth whitening may occur due to the bleaching agents in the products, which can temporarily irritate the nerves in the teeth. The good news is that having sensitive teeth doesn’t mean you can’t have whiter teeth. There are a variety of whitening products available that are formulated specifically for people with sensitive teeth. These products typically contain lower concentrations of bleaching agents and are designed to be gentle on teeth while still providing effective whitening results. It’s important to talk to your dentist about any concerns you may have regarding tooth sensitivity and to follow the recommended instructions for using teeth whitening products to ensure the best possible results.
It can be concluded that teeth whitening does indeed work in creating a brighter smile. There are various cosmetic treatments available for teeth whitening, including both at-home kits and professional treatments done at a dentist’s office. The results of these treatments can vary depending on the individual and the type of treatment used, but generally, teeth whitening can effectively remove surface stains and lighten the color of teeth.
It is important to note that teeth whitening may not be suitable for everyone, and some individuals may experience sensitivity or other side effects. It is always recommended to consult with a dentist before undergoing any teeth whitening treatment to ensure that it is safe and appropriate for your specific situation. Overall, while the results of teeth whitening can vary, it is generally considered an effective cosmetic treatment for achieving a brighter, whiter smile. Good luck to your teeth whitening journey!
TeethWhite™ Teeth Whitening – Get Up to 12 Shades Whiter
Get ready to flash your pearly whites with TeethWhite™, the ultimate laser teeth whitening treatment in Singapore. Whether your teeth are coffee-stained or just not as bright as you’d like, TeethWhite™ can brighten your smile by up to 12 shades with immediate, long-lasting results. Even those with sensitive teeth can safely enjoy this treatment. With Carbamide Peroxide as the primary ingredient in our whitening gel, our strong LED light technology activates the gel to create hydrogen peroxide, which thoroughly whitens your teeth for a dazzling smile that will light up any room.
What is TeethWhite™ Teeth Whitening Treatment?
- Immediate Results. TeethWhite™ can whiten teeth by up to 12 shades in just one session, giving you an instant confidence boost and a brighter smile.
- Industrial-Grade Whitening. TeethWhite™ is a premium laser teeth whitening treatment in Singapore, offered at all Wellaholic outlets.
- Effective Ingredients: The primary ingredient in the teeth whitening gel is Carbamide Peroxide, which is a proven and effective whitening agent.
- Advanced technology: TeethWhite™ uses strong LED light technology to activate the whitening gel and ensure thorough and consistent results.
- Professional treatment: TeethWhite™ uses strong LED light technology to activate the whitening gel and ensure thorough and consistent results.
- Affordable pricing: Wellaholic offers competitive pricing for its TeethWhite™ treatment, making it accessible to a wide range of customers.
There is absolutely no discomfort during the TeethWhite™ treatment. We have an improved teeth whitening process that eliminates the need to create a custom teeth mold. We use a proprietary process to ensure that the whitening agent binds to your teeth, to increase the rate of whitening to the teeth, while ensuring both safety and comfort.
Is TeethWhite™ Backed By Science?
- Backed by Science. Yes, TeethWhite™ is backed by science.
- Primary Ingredient is Carbamide Peroxide. The primary ingredient in the teeth whitening gel is Carbamide Peroxide, which has been clinically proven to be effective in whitening teeth.
- 6000W Industrial Lamp. The 6000W industrial lamp helps catalyse the whitening agent to speed up the reaction to make the treatment more effective than teeth whitening kits.
- Conversion to Hydrogen Peroxide. The gel molecules convert to hydrogen peroxide and become active when exposed to teeth and strong LED light technology, which is a scientifically-proven method for teeth whitening.
- Safe for Sensitive Teeth. The treatment is safe and suitable for sensitive teeth, and has been tested and approved by dental professionals.
See Over 2000 Positive Reviews of Wellaholic (Customer Verifiable)
If you’re looking for a reliable and trustworthy aesthetic chain, Wellaholic might just be the perfect fit for you. With over 2000 genuine customer reviews and testimonials, you can see for yourself why our hair removal services have won numerous awards.
Pricing of Teeth Whitening Treatments by Wellaholic
- Price Transparency. Wellaholic offers pricing transparency by publishing and updating all prices on our website.
- Flexible Per-Session or Unlimited Plans. Customers can choose from unlimited monthly teeth whitening plans with weekly visits for the maximum teeth whitening results, or per-session price plans.
- No Price Shocks. Customers can expect to pay only for the treatments provided instead of being surprised by additional fees or charges at the end of their teeth whitening session.
Why Wellaholic is One of the Best Teeth Whitening Providers in Singapore?
- Leading Teeth Whitening Chain in Singapore. Wellaholic is a leading teeth whitening aesthetic in Singapore that is highly sought after by customers.
- Quality & Safe Treatments. The company is committed to providing quality and safe treatments with experienced staff.
- Professional Teeth Whitening Treatments. Wellaholic offers industrial and clinical teeth whitening treatments that can effectively whiten teeth.
- Trained & Experienced Consultants. All treatments are performed by trained professionals who understand the dental needs of both female and male customers.
- Advanced Teeth Whitening Technology. A 6000W industrial lamp helps catalyse the whitening agent to speed up the reaction to make the treatment more effective than teeth whitening kits.
- Most Affordable Provider. Wellaholic provides competitive pricing for its treatments which makes it one of the most affordable providers in Singapore.
Here’s a useful table showing the benefits and advantages of Wellaholic’s TeethWhite™ teeth whitening treatment:
|Effective results||TeethWhite™ uses a combination of LED blue light, red light, and a 6000W industrial lamp to activate the teeth whitening gel, which helps to speed up the reaction and make the treatment more effective than teeth whitening kits.|
|Safe and gentle||TeethWhite™ is a safe and gentle method of teeth whitening that does not damage the teeth or gums. The LED lights and whitening gel do not cause any heat or discomfort, and the treatment is non-invasive.|
|Quick and convenient||TeethWhite™ is a fast and convenient treatment that can be completed in just one session, taking only 20 minutes per session. This makes it an ideal choice for people with busy schedules or those who want to see immediate results.|
|Affordable||TeethWhite™ is an affordable teeth whitening treatment compared to other professional teeth whitening methods. It is a great alternative to costly in-office treatments or at-home whitening kits.|
|Personalized treatment||The TeethWhite™ treatment is personalized to each individual’s needs and preferences. The amount of whitening gel and length of the treatment can be adjusted to achieve the desired results.|
Reason 1: Wellaholic’s Unlimited Plans Save You Lots of Money
- Unlimited Teeth Whitening Plans. Wellaholic offers unlimited plans for teeth whitening which gives 4 weekly treatments at one affordable pricing.
- Transparent Pricing. Wellaholic offers pricing transparency by publishing and updating all prices on our website.
- Huge Cost Savings. Wellaholic’s teeth whitening plans are designed to be cost-effective and affordable with no hidden costs and extra charges.
Reason 2: Wellaholic Has Over 50 Awards and 2000 Genuine Customer Reviews
- Over 50 Awards. Wellaholic’s treatments and services have been recognized by top beauty publications such as Daily Vanity, Beauty Insider, and Tropika Club Magazine, earning prestigious awards from 2018 to 2023.
- Over 2000 Verified Customer Reviews. Wellaholic has over 2000 verified positive reviews from our customers in Singapore and beyond.
- Verifiable Reviews. The reviews are verified and positive, which indicates the high level of customer satisfaction (see reviews below).
- Over 50% Repeat Customers. More than 50% of Wellaholic’s customers are repeat and recurring customers.
Reason 3: It’s Easy to Book an Appointment at Wellaholic
- Open 361 Days Per Year. Wellaholic’s 8 outlets are open 361 days a year, including public holidays, so that customers can easily book an appointment.
- No Queues. All appointments are booked in advanced to prevent the need to queue and wait unnecessarily during peak hours.
- Easy Online Booking. Customers can conveniently book and reschedule appointments online or via the booking app.
- No Extra Cost for Choosing Consultant. Customers can select their preferred consultant without having to pay any additional fees.