How does Red Light Therapy Work?
Table of Contents
- 1 What is Red Light therapy?
- 2 A Brief History of Red Light Therapy
- 3 “Red Light Therapy helps to rejuvenate our cells, allowing them to work more efficiently and effectively.”
- 4 How Does Red Light Therapy Work?
- 5 What are the Benefits?
- 6 How long does it take for Red Light therapy to work?
- 7 Does Wellaholic offer Red Light Therapy?
- 8 LED Cell Regen Facial by Wellaholic
- 9 What are the Different Wavelengths Used by LED Cell Regen Facial?
- 10 WellaFacial™ by Wellaholic
- 11 Why Wellaholic is One of the Best Facial Options in Singapore?
- 12 Wellaholic has Won Numerous Awards for our Facial Treatments
What is Red Light therapy?
Red light therapy, or infra-red therapy, is a form of phototherapy, which involves being exposed to specific wavelengths of light using various light sources. Red light therapy penetrates deeper into the skin than other light wavelengths and is believed to help rejuvenate skin. Red light is also commonly used to treat skin conditions such as acne, rosacea, as well as help ease pain and even accelerate the healing of wounds. Red Light Therapy or AfterGlow is the stage 2 treatment offered by Wellaholic.
A Brief History of Red Light Therapy
Red Light Therapy, also known as photobiomodulation (PBM) or low-level light therapy (LLLT), has a long and interesting history. The therapeutic effects of light have been known for centuries, but the use of red light specifically for therapeutic purposes dates back to the early 20th century.
In the 1960s, scientists discovered that certain wavelengths of light could stimulate biological processes in living tissues. This discovery led to the development of lasers, which used focused beams of light to cut, burn, or destroy tissue. Over time, scientists also discovered that lower levels of light energy could have therapeutic effects on living tissues without causing harm.
The first red light therapy devices were developed in the 1980s and used for the treatment of non-healing wounds in astronauts. The low-gravity environment of space was found to slow down the body’s natural healing processes, and red light therapy was used to help speed up wound healing and tissue repair.
In the following years, red light therapy was studied and developed for various medical and cosmetic applications. It was found to be effective in treating pain, reducing inflammation, improving skin health, and promoting hair growth, among other benefits.
Today, red light therapy is widely used in medical and cosmetic settings, and there is ongoing research into its potential uses and benefits. As technology advances and more is learned about the interaction between light and living tissues, the future of red light therapy looks promising.
“Red Light Therapy helps to rejuvenate our cells, allowing them to work more efficiently and effectively.”
How Does Red Light Therapy Work?
Unlike other wavelengths, red light is absorbed into the skin to a depth of about 10mm where it can heat and positively affect cells within the body. Red light therapy is thought to work by acting on the “power plant” in your body’s cells called mitochondria. With more energy, other cells can do their work more efficiently, such as repairing skin, boosting new cell growth and enhancing skin rejuvenation.
What are the Benefits?
Infrared LED light therapy uses concentrated beams of light to help remove skin blemishes, especially on the face. In general, infrared light therapy uses a combination of red light and infrared light to promote skin health because the Light-emitting diode (LED) lights emit light at red and infrared wavelengths to help wound healing. The red light helps stimulate healing, which can treat acne scars, rosacea, age spots and blemishes caused by broken capillaries. Infrared therapy tends to be used to treat wrinkles and other problems caused by poor skin support, such as translucent skin or coarse skin.
There are many benefits of red light therapy treatment. It has been shown that the red light can increase circulation and therefore oxygenation and nutrient delivery to the skin, as well as increase the activity of fibroblasts, which aid the production of collagen and elastin. The improved circulation can reduce inflammations and aid lymphatic drainage which clears waste products away from the skin. It can also promote the production of DNA and ATP (cell energy).
Red light therapy treatment can, therefore, be used to treat or complement treatment of a number of conditions. From reducing the appearance of fine lines and wrinkles to soothing psoriasis and eczema. When treated using an appropriate light source and regimen it can work very successfully, with noticeably results very quickly.
The table below shows the various facial concerns as well as the recommended facial treatments, including the LED light therapy, to address these concerns:
|Facial Concern||Recommended Facial Treatments|
|Fine Lines and Wrinkles||– CO2 Laser Facial|
– RF Microneedling
– Chemical Peels
– LED Light Therapy
|Acne and Acne Scars||– Microneedling|
– Chemical Peels
– LED Light Therapy
– Blue Light Therapy
|Dark Spots and Pigmentation||– Chemical Peels|
– Laser Skin Resurfacing
– IPL Therapy
– LED Light Therapy
|Dull and Uneven Skin Tone||– Microdermabrasion|
– Chemical Peels
– Laser Skin Resurfacing,
– LED Light Therapy
|Dry Skin and Dehydration||– Hydrating Facials|
– Oxygen Facials
|Puffy Eyes and Dark Circles||– Under Eye Treatments|
– Lymphatic Drainage Facials
– LED Light Therapy
|Enlarged Pores||– Chemical Peels|
– Laser Skin Resurfacing
How long does it take for Red Light therapy to work?
Patients can experience a reduction in symptoms quickly – even as early as after their first treatments session. Better results are found with more treatments, but results are long-lasting and can continue for weeks after the final photodynamic therapy .
Does Wellaholic offer Red Light Therapy?
Wellaholic’s LED Cell Regeneration Facial uses different wavelengths from light energy to target the skin for various beneficial effects. This photodynamic therapy is able to improve skin elasticity, produce collagen, minimise blemishes and pimples as well as to soothe aggravated skin and even reduce scarring.
Wellaholic’s LED Cell Regeneration Facial is part of WellaFacial Ultimate Anti-Ageing Facial.
LED Cell Regen Facial by Wellaholic
Wellaholic’s LED Cell Regeneration Facial uses different wavelengths from light energy to target the skin for various beneficial effects. This light treatment is able to improve skin elasticity, produce collagen, minimise blemishes and pimples as well as to soothe aggravated skin and even reduce scarring.
Light-based skincare therapy has been studies for many decades and is clinically proven to help address skin issues. Facial therapists including dermatologists use light-based or photo-dynamic treatments to help improve skin conditions or even boost product and serum absorption as well as circulation.
What are the Different Wavelengths Used by LED Cell Regen Facial?
- Wellaholic’s LED Cell Regeneration Facial uses different wavelengths to target the skin for various beneficial effects.
- They are able to improve skin elasticity, produce collagen, minimise blemishes and pimples as well as to soothe aggravated skin and even reduce scarring.
- RED Light – 640nm wavelength penetrates skin depth of 1-6nm. Red light helps to regenerate skin cells and skin tissue, stimulate collagen proteins, reduce fine lines and wrinkles, improve blood circulation and reduce inflammation. (Anti-inflammatory effects)
- BLUE Light – 432nm wavelength penetrates skin depth of 1nm. Blue light helps to treat acne and sun spots, inhibits sebaceous glands, improves skin texture, diminishes acne scars, treats enlarged oil glands and also improves depression.
- GREEN Light – 532nm wavelength penetrates skin depth of 0.5 to 2nm. Green light decreases melanin production and whitens skin, decreases age spots and freckles, reduces pigmentation, reduces spider veins and rosacea.
- YELLOW Light – 583nm wavelength penetrates skin depth of 1-2nm. Yellow light stimulates production of red blood cells, reduces appearance of tiny blood vessels on skin, boosts lymphatic flow and blood flow and increases cellular growth.
WellaFacial™ by Wellaholic
WellaFacial™ is Wellaholic‘s signature facial regime, designed for customers who want an extensive all-inclusive facial regime which includes the latest technologies to promote cellular renewal and anti-ageing. WellaFacial™ provides additional free treatments to help our customer look their best at an affordable per-session pricing.
Unlike typical facials which involves steaming the face, and manual extraction of blackheads, etc., Wellaholic advocates the use of technology and scientifically proven methods to help our customers with their anti-ageing regime. The result– visible differences over the course of a three-to-six month period.
What is WellaFacial™?
- Incorporates Best-of-Breed technology facials at affordable pricing
- Designed for customers who want a regular facial regime which includes the latest technologies to promote cellular renewal and anti-ageing.
- Ideal for all skin tones; treats dark spots, heal sun damage, all at a cellular level.
- WellaFacial™ provides additional free treatments to help our customer look their best at an affordable per-session pricing.
- Pay for WellaBoost™ (4 Serums) needle-free skin booster and Microneedling (Face) to get free additional Microneedling (Neck) and LED Cell Regeneration treatments as part of our special WellaFacial™ plan.
What are the Benefits of WellaFacial™?
WellaFacial™ allows you to choose the combination of treatments that works best for your skin concerns:
- Microneedling: Effective in resurfacing skin and treatment acne scars, pigmentation and stretch marks.
- WellaBoost™: Needle-less skin booster with two different technologies to help increase skin hydration, collagen production as well as skin regeneration.
- LED Cell Regeneration: Uses different wavelengths to target the skin for various beneficial effects such as improving skin elasticity, boosting collagen production, minimising blemishes and pimples as well as soothing aggravated skin and even reduce scarring.
Why Wellaholic is One of the Best Facial Options in Singapore?
Wellaholic is one of the most popular facial treatments available in Singapore. Our facial treatments are renowned for excellent standards and quality of services, with a team of experienced skincare professionals dedicated to providing top-notch beauty solutions for our clients.
The range of treatments offered by Wellaholic include rejuvenating facials, skin brightening facials and acne clearing facials – all designed to address different skin problems and deliver lasting results. All our treatments use only premium skincare products with natural ingredients that are gentle on the skin yet effective in tackling common issues such as blemishes, uneven skin tone, wrinkles and other signs of ageing.
Reason 1: Wellaholic Offers Comprehensive Facial Services and Expertise
Wellaholic offers 7 different types of facial services for your facial and skin needs. Our facials can be broken down into the following categories:
- WellaFacial Signature Facial Regime
- Extensive all-inclusive facial regime that includes the latest technologies.
- Promote cellular renewal and anti-aging.
- Ccombines WellaBoost + Microneedling (Face/Neck) + LED Cell Regen Facial to provide multiple benefits at an affordable price.
- WellaBoost Skin Booster
- Non-invasive facial skin booster which is injection-free.
- Combines two different technologies.
- Infuses the skin with 4 different types of facial serums.
- Helps to promote the increased hydration, collagen production, skin regeneration and healing
- Gold RF Microneedling / Microneedling
- Revolutionary skin treatment that delivers dramatic anti-ageing results.
- Combines fractional radiofrequency (RF) with microneedling.
- Effectively treats acne, acne scar, pigmentation, stretch marks & enlarged pores.
- Lifts saggy skin and revitalises dull and uneven skin tone.
- LED Cell Regen Facial
- Uses different wavelengths to target the skin for various beneficial effects.
- Able to improve skin elasticity, produce collagen, minimise blemishes and pimples.
- Soothes aggravated skin and even reduce scarring.
- Elight Unlimited Facial
- Six-step technology facial backed by scientific research
- Incorporates various technology treatments (RF, IPL, Diamond Peel microdermabrasion, LED Cell Regeneration, Retinol, REFA facial massage, etc.)
- Designed as an affordable unlimited monthly package with weekly visits.
- Brings out the best consistent results in flawless, younger-looking skin.
- RF V-Lift Facial
- Uses RF energy to heat tissue and stimulate sub-dermal collagen production.
- Reduces appearance of fine lines and loose skin.
- Induces tissue re-modelling and production of new collagen and elastin.
- Provides an alternative to facelift and other cosmetic surgeries.
- Diamond Peel Facial
- Non-invasive and mechanical procedure using diamond bits.
- Helps to remove dead skin cells, dirt and excess oil on the skin surface.
- Improves the appearance of skin, by revealing younger and radiant skin underneath in an instant.
Reason 2: Wellaholic Has Over 2000 Genuine Customer Reviews & Testimonials
With over 2000 verified positive reviews from customers all over Singapore and beyond, Wellaholic continues to be the go-to destination for those seeking out professional beauty and wellness treatments.
The reviews received by Wellaholic are reflective of their commitment to customer satisfaction. Customers consistently cite friendly staff with excellent knowledge and professionalism as a highlight of the experience at Wellaholic. Furthermore, customers have commented on the wide range of treatments available at competitive prices – giving people access to premium services without having to break the bank!
Reason 3: Wellaholic Facial Package Prices are Transparent and Affordable with No Hidden Costs
Wellaholic believes in publishing our prices online affordably and with no hidden costs. Customers can expect to pay only for the treatments provided instead of being surprised by additional fees or charges at the end of their facial session.
We have always been committed to providing quality services and products at reasonable prices. Our pricing structure is designed in such a way that customers can easily compare different packages available according to their budget and needs. This makes Wellaholic the ideal choice for both budget-conscious individuals as well as those seeking luxurious pampering sessions without breaking the bank.
Wellaholic has Won Numerous Awards for our Facial Treatments
Wellaholic has been recognised as a leader of both RF microneedling and microneedling, winning annual awards, such as the Best Microneedling Treatment by Daily Vanity Spa & Hair Awards in 2022, 2021, 2020 and 2019. Wellaholic has also won the Best Microneedling award by Beauty Insider Beauty & Wellness Awards from 2018 to 2023.