The Hair Removal Showdown: Why SHR Beats IPL Every Time
Table of Contents
- 1 SHR vs IPL – Why SHR Hair Removal is Better
- 2 “SHR is the smarter choice for hair removal as it addresses the root cause of unwanted hair growth, unlike IPL which only provides temporary relief.”
- 3 What is IPL Hair Removal?
- 4 What is SHR or Super Hair Removal?
- 5 SHR vs IPL Hair Removal: Why is SHR Better Than IPL?
- 6 How Many SHR Treatments are Necessary for Effective Hair Removal?
- 7 Wellaholic is One of the Pioneers for SHR Hair Removal
- 8 Wellaholic is Featured in AugustMan Magazine for our SHR
- 9 WellaSmooth™. Pay One Low Price for Hair Removal for All Body Parts with Unlimited SHR Shots
- 10 WellaSmooth™ Includes the Following 3 Hair Removal Services
- 11 Why Choose Wellaholic WellaSmooth™?
- 12 See Over 2000 Positive Reviews of Wellaholic (Customer Verifiable)
- 13 Pricing of Hair Removal Treatments by Wellaholic
- 14 Why Wellaholic is One of the Best Hair Removal Providers in Singapore?
SHR vs IPL – Why SHR Hair Removal is Better
Introduction to SHR technology as a newer and better form of permanent hair removal
Now, when it comes to the topic of hair removal, you might be familiar with the various forms of hair removal, be it shaving, epilating, tweezing, waxing and IPL (intense pulsed light) hair removal.
Laser hair removal treatments are now seen as the most effective method of hair removal for all hair type. While IPL used to be the most popular form of permanent hair removal, many people are starting to pay attention to SHR (Super Hair Removal) as the better alternative to IPL.
In this article, Wellaholic is going to explain why SHR is a better form of hair removal for unwanted hair as compared to IPL in Singapore. Compare between IPL vs SHR hair removal. We will dive into the science behind IPL hair removal and SHR hair removal, and explain why SHR technology has many advantages over IPL for permanent hair removal. IPL or SHR? You decide.
“SHR is the smarter choice for hair removal as it addresses the root cause of unwanted hair growth, unlike IPL which only provides temporary relief.”
What is IPL Hair Removal?
First and foremost, IPL (or intense pulse light) uses a single pulse of energy, at high intensity, which targets the customer’s hair follicles and melanin. IPL simply works by releasing light in multiple wavelengths directly into the dermis. Melanin is produced in specialised cells called melanocytes. The intense light and energy from IPL is converted into heat energy and is able to cause damage to the hair follicles without causing too much damage to the skin. This makes IPL more suitable for people with darker and coarser hair. Establishments which offer IPL include Japan IPL, Musee Platinum as well as Lush Aesthetics.
A person with fairer skin will likely require more sessions as the IPL hair removal technology is less effective on them. On the other hand, while IPL is effective for darker-skinned people (darker skin tone), they may have more uncomfortable session (i.e. PAIN!) since their skin will be absorbing more heat energy which would then be translated into pain when the heat affects the nerves.
What is SHR or Super Hair Removal?
SHR or Super Hair Removal is a relatively newer technology which uses low energy and rapid pulsing diode laser but at a higher frequency. Developed by Alma Lasers, this diode laser hair removal technology allows the skin to be heated gently, but with the rapid pulses, the energy is then accumulated by the skin. While 50% of the energy is targeted at the melanin (similar to IPL), the other 50% targets the stem cells responsible for hair production.
SHR thereby targets both fine and coarse hairs
This is a very important point to note as SHR thereby targets both fine and coarse hairs. Ultimately, this leads to less discomfort and pain, yet an improved efficacy. SHR is most effective during the active growth phase (anagen stage of hair growth) hence shaving a day before treatment or just before the hair removal treatment is most recommended.
SHR is often considered to be one of the best laser hair removal treatment
Because of the gradual accumulation of the energy into the skin, there is less trauma and irritation on the skin – making it ideal and suitable for everyone, regardless of skin tone and skin types and even for customers with sensitive skin. In fact, SHR is often considered to be one of the best laser hair removal treatments in Singapore given the various technologies. SHR hair removal is very ideal for Brazilian Hair Removal as it is more gentle on the skin.
SHR vs IPL Hair Removal: Why is SHR Better Than IPL?
There are many reasons why SHR hair removal is better than IPL hair removal. For one, SHR is much more comfortable for the client. With IPL, there is a risk of burning the skin, but with SHR there is no such risk. SHR also has a higher success rate in terms of permanently removing hair. IPL can sometimes only temporarily remove hair, but SHR will permanently remove it. Finally, SHR is less expensive than IPL, so it is a great option for those on a budget. If you’re considering permanent hair removal, SHR might be the answer for you. It gives great results, and it’s even more cost-effective than IPL.
Please see the table which shows the breakdown between WellaSmooth, SHR Unlimited Prestige and SHR Unlimited Deluxe hair removal plans.
|Hair Removal Plan||Details||Duration|
|WellaSmooth™||– Signature treatment|
– All-inclusive hair removal experience
– All-that-you need shaving service
– Full body hair removal (incl. Brazilian/Boyzilian) with unlimited shots
– Post-treatment whitening/hydration with Red Light treatment
|Up to 150 minutes/session|
|SHR Unlimited Prestige||– Full body hair removal (incl. Brazilian/Boyzilian) with unlimited shots||Up to 120 minutes/session|
|SHR Unlimited Deluxe||– Full body hair removal (excl. Brazilian/Boyzilian) with unlimited shots||Up to 90 minutes/session|
How Many SHR Treatments are Necessary for Effective Hair Removal?
If the hair is in the anagen phase of growth during treatment, which refers to the active (hair) growth phase, it can be easily destroyed as in the case with IPL technology.
The advantage of SHR hair removal in this case is that it can work with customers during both their anagen phase and non-anagen phase, as SHR can target the 50% of the stem cells.
Nevertheless, a three-to-four week recovery or “down” time is required to meet this anagen phase as well as to give the skin a recovery time before the next treatment.
Wellaholic is One of the Pioneers for SHR Hair Removal
Wellaholic is pleased to be one of the first few establishments to offer SHR Laser Hair Removal since 2016. In order to help our customers with their goal of achieving a smooth skin, Wellaholic offers cost-competitive Monthly Unlimited Packages which allows customers hair removal on all body areas (including Brazilian or Boyzilian) at an affordable monthly fee.
In addition, Wellaholic’s SHR machines are serviced and calibrated regularly to ensure optimum efficacy. Our staff are also trained to ensure that the best experience towards permanent hair removal for our customers. The pulses of energy (light energy) from SHR hair removal is a hair removal method ideal for facial hair, body hairs with minimal pain, due to the gentler pulses from SHR technology.
Wellaholic is Featured in AugustMan Magazine for our SHR
Wellaholic is featured in AugustMan Magazine for our SHR hair removal treatment. Read the excerpt below, or read the full article here.
SHR (super hair removal) is similar to an IPL (Intense Pulsed Light) treatment. The main difference is that the SHR device dispenses light energy with a higher frequency at a lower temperature compared to IPL devices. This newer technology is touted to be more effective at nixing hair follicles while posing less discomfort.
- Procedure: After being stripped and shaven clean to expose the hair follicles, aloe vera gel is applied to protect the skin. The aesthetician then carefully works the device over the desired areas in swift motions. Unlike in IPL where the treatment feels like getting snapped by multiple rubber bands, SHR feels like being passed over by shots of warm air.
- Results: Effects of weakened follicles (slower regrowth and finer hair strands) are apparent after five to seven sessions.
- Pros: The process was painless and the effects are lasting.
- Cons: It’s costly and results are not immediate – they can only be seen after five to seven treatments.
- Post-care tip: Exfoliate in between appointments.
- We recommend: Boyzilian at Wellaholic. More details are available at www.wellaholic.com.
WellaSmooth™. Pay One Low Price for Hair Removal for All Body Parts with Unlimited SHR Shots
- Unbeatable in Value and Quality. WellaSmooth offers a all-inclusive hair removal solution that is unbeatable in both value and quality.
- One Price for All Body Parts. Pay just one low price for a complete hair removal experience for all body parts, including unlimited SHR shots.
- Shaving + Hair Removal + Whitening. WellaSmooth also includes full body shaving service and post-treatment whitening/hydration to prevent hyperpigmentation.
- Permanent Fuss-Free Solution. Say goodbye to the hassle of expensive and ineffective hair removal methods and trust WellaSmooth to deliver a permanent and fuss-free solution for all your hair removal needs.
WellaSmooth™ Includes the Following 3 Hair Removal Services
- SHR Permanent Hair Removal PRESTIGE Unlimited – Enjoy our bestseller SHR hair reduction treatment for all body parts
- Unlimited Shaving Service – Enjoy unlimited shaving service on all body parts
- Skin Whitening/Hydrating (PTT) with AfterGlow – Enjoy post-treatment whitening or hydrating therapy followed by AfterGlow red-light treatment to rejuvenate your skin
Why Choose Wellaholic WellaSmooth™?
- Diode Laser Technology. Developed by Alma Lasers, SHR combines 755nm, 808nm and 1064nm laser wavelengths to target all skin types.
- SHR is Better Than IPL. SHR has been shown to be more effective and less painful, particularly for individuals with Asian skin, without the discomfort associated with IPL.
- Unlimited Shots. We use as many shots as needed to effectively target the hair follicles.
- Award-Winning. Wellaholic’s WellaSmooth and SHR Hair Removal have been recognized by top beauty publications such as Daily Vanity, Beauty Insider, and Tropika Club Magazine, earning prestigious awards from 2018 to 2023.
- Ideal for All Skin and Hair Colors. WellaSmooth is perfect for individuals with any skin color or hair color.
- For Men and Women. Wellaholic caters to both men and women with our team of skilled therapists, ensuring that every outlet has a diverse and inclusive environment with male and female professionals readily available to attend to your needs.
See Over 2000 Positive Reviews of Wellaholic (Customer Verifiable)
If you’re looking for a reliable and trustworthy aesthetic chain, Wellaholic might just be the perfect fit for you. With over 2000 genuine customer reviews and testimonials, you can see for yourself why our hair removal services have won numerous awards.
Pricing of Hair Removal Treatments by Wellaholic
- Price Transparency. Wellaholic offers pricing transparency by publishing and updating all prices on our website.
- Flexible Per-Session or Unlimited Plans. Customers can choose from unlimited monthly hair removal plans with unlimited SHR hair removal shots for all body parts, or per-session hair removal price plans.
- Mix and Match Easily. Wellaholic’s hair removal prices are divided into different categories for easy selection.
- No Price Shocks. Customers can expect to pay only for the treatments provided instead of being surprised by additional fees or charges at the end of their hair removal session.
Why Wellaholic is One of the Best Hair Removal Providers in Singapore?
- Leading Hair Removal Chain in Singapore. Wellaholic is a leading hair removal company in Singapore that is highly sought after by customers.
- Quality & Safe Treatments. The company is committed to providing quality and safe treatments with experienced staff.
- Wide Range of Hair Removal Treatments. Wellaholic offers a wide range of laser hair removal treatments for various body parts including Brazilian & Bikini, Underarm, Arms, Back & Shoulder Hair Removal, and Leg Hair Removal.
- Trained & Experienced Consultants. All treatments are performed by trained professionals who understand the skincare needs of both female and male customers.
- Advanced SHR Technology. Advanced SHR technology is used to ensure a safe experience with no downtime or discomfort during the entire process.
- Most Affordable Provider. Wellaholic provides competitive pricing for its treatments which makes it one of the most affordable providers in Singapore.
Reason 1: Wellaholic’s Unlimited Plans Save You Lots of Money
- Unlimited Hair Removal Plans. Wellaholic offers unlimited plans for permanent hair removal with unlimited shots.
- Pay One Price for All Body Parts. Customers pay one nett price for hair removal on all body parts, including chin, lips, underarms, back, chest, stomach, legs, and private regions (both front and back).
- Huge Cost Savings. With the unlimited plan, there are no separate fees for hair removal on different body parts, leading to huge cost savings.
Reason 2: Wellaholic Has Over 50 Awards and 2000 Genuine Customer Reviews
- Over 50 Awards. Wellaholic’s WellaSmooth and SHR Hair Removal have been recognized by top beauty publications such as Daily Vanity, Beauty Insider, and Tropika Club Magazine, earning prestigious awards from 2018 to 2023.
- Over 2000 Verified Customer Reviews. Wellaholic has over 2000 verified positive reviews from our customers in Singapore and beyond.
- Verifiable Reviews. The reviews are verified and positive, which indicates the high level of customer satisfaction (see reviews below).
- Over 50% Repeat Customers. More than 50% of Wellaholic’s customers are repeat and recurring customers.
Reason 3: It’s Easy to Book an Appointment at Wellaholic
- Open 361 Days Per Year. Wellaholic’s 8 outlets are open 361 days a year, including public holidays, so that customers can easily book an appointment.
- No Queues. All appointments are booked in advanced to prevent the need to queue and wait unnecessarily during peak hours.
- Easy Online Booking. Customers can conveniently book and reschedule appointments online or via the booking app.
- No Extra Cost for Choosing Consultant. Customers can select their preferred consultant without having to pay any additional fees.