Microneedling is the Latest Trend for Treating Acne Scars
Table of Contents
History of Microneedling?
Microneedling is a very simple and safe procedure for treating skin conditions such as acne scars, stretch marks, wrinkles, cellulite, sun damage, It was initially introduced for skin rejuvenation, however, now it is being used for a very wide range of indications including acne scar, acne, post-traumatic/burn scar, alopecia, skin rejuvenation, drug delivery, hyperhidrosis, stretch marks, and many more.
Moreover, during the last 10 years, many new innovations have been made to the initial instrument, which was used for microneedling. This technique can be combined with other surgical techniques to provide better results. In particular, it is a very safe technique for dark skin types, where risk of postinflammatory pigmentation is very high with other techniques that damage the epidermis.
What is Microneedling?
Micro needling is a noninvasive procedure used for treating various conditions such as acne scars, wrinkles, fine lines, hyperpigmentation. The procedure uses a handheld device to create microchannels into the dermis of your skin, initiating your body’s own natural healing processes to produce collagen and elasticity. The end result is to improve skin texture with minimizing fine lines and wrinkles, as well as diminishing the hyperpigmentation of skin. This form of collagen induction is created by a mechanical force delivered to the dermis to allow improvement in acne pock marks and can weld stretch marks together by creating collagen bridging.
The 3 Phases of Microneedling Wound-Repair Process
There are three phases to the microneedling wound-repair process
- Phase I: Inflammation. Piercing the skin triggers your immune system to cleanse the wound, remove debris, increase blood flow and begin to create new tissue.
- Phase II: Proliferation. The wound is rebuilt with new granulation cells, which are part of the extracellular matrix. Additionally, a new network of blood vessels develops.
- Phase III: Remodeling. The wound is replaced with new dermal tissues and blood vessels.
Which Body Part is Microneedling Ideal for?
The power hand piece can be applied to the entire face, neck, décolleté, arms, hands, legs, and abdomen. Anywhere the skin is structurally weak or there are stretch marks, contour deformities, such as divots, and wide depressed scars. We have noticed that diminished pigmentation can occur even though it is not a skin resurfacing technique. Also, improved dermal thickness may reduce the appearance of small capillary vessels in the skin. We have also been very pleased with the reduction in vertical lines seen around the mouth after several sessions.
Is Microneedling Safe?
The FDA has cleared microneedling devices for use on women and men aged 22 and older as a treatment to improve the appearance of:
- Acne scars on the face
- Wrinkles around the eyes and other parts of the face and neck
- Surgical scars on the abdomen
Should You Consider Microneedling?
People who have considered microdermabrasion but don’t want to wait to see improvements in their skin might opt for microneedling, which typically delivers better results that become apparent in less than a week. Microneedling is safe for people with any skin tone. With treatments such as laser hair removal , skin pigmentation can be a consideration, but with microneedling, there are no such concerns.
How quick can one see results from Microneedling?
After their first session, most men notice that their skin is softer and brighter. Additional effects become apparent over the next several weeks and can continue to progress for up to six months. The number of treatments recommended varies from person to person and depends on skin quality and specific concerns and goals. However, a series of three-to-six treatments is typically advised.
Find out more about Microneedling for Men via this link.
What is the cost of Microneedling Facials in Singapore?
Microneedling Singapore Prices
At Wellaholic, our microneedling (for face and for neck) can be broken down into 1, 3, 6 or 12-session packages. Check out our microneedling prices below:
Wellaholic offers a 1, 3, 6 or 12-session package for both Microneedling Face and Microneedling Neck in Singapore:
Microneedling Face Price Plans
- 1 Session Plan $169
- 3 Session Plan $163 x 3 = $489 (includes Hyaluronic Acid 2% Serum Add-on) (5% savings)
- 6 Session Plan $155 x 6 = $930 (includes Hyaluronic Acid 2% and Resveratrol 3% Serums Add-on) (14% savings)
- 12 Session Plan $139 x 12 = $1668 (Includes all three Serums Add-on) (25% savings)
Microneedling Neck Add-On Price Plans
- 1 Session Plan $109
- 3 Session Plan $103 x 3 = $309 (includes Hyaluronic Acid 2% Serum Add-on) (6% savings)
- 6 Session Plan $95 x 6 = $570 (includes Hyaluronic Acid 2% and Resveratrol 3% Serums Add-on) (14% savings)
- 12 Session Plan $89 x 12 = $1068 (Includes all three Serums Add-on) (25% savings)
- Please note that Microneedling Neck are add-on prices. (i.e. you will need to buy Microneedling for Face to enjoy the add-on prices).