Is Microneedling for Scalp Effective to Treat Hair Loss?
Table of Contents
- Introduction to Microneedling
- What is Microneedling?
- Microneedling as a kind of mesotherapy
- Evidence for Microneedling in Treating Hair Loss
- Microneedling for Scalp – 5X More Effective for Hair Regrowth
- Pricing of Hair Loss Treatments by Wellaholic
Introduction to Microneedling
Hair loss in guys might be common, however that doesn’t make it any kind of simpler to deal with. Whether your hairline is thinning or you have issues with alopecia in all forms, any kind of hint that baldness is coming can send you right into a panic. Luckily, microneedling could be the treatment that you require.
Microneedling is a type of cosmetic treatment that resolves numerous results of aging. It’s additionally nicknamed skin needling as a result of its impacts on increasing collagen production in the skin. Microneedling includes the use of a skin roller or a mechanical dermapen with tiny needles that triggers small skin injuries. In this article by Wellaholic, we are going likely to investigate whether scalp microneedling can aid to regrow your hair.
What is Microneedling?
Microneedling is a cosmetic procedure. It includes pricking the skin with little sanitized needles. The small wounds create your body to make more collagen and elastin, which heal your skin and aid you look younger. You could additionally hear it called collagen induction therapy.
While utilized as an anti-aging skin therapy, microneedling may likewise be an approach of therapy for hair loss. There’s also evidence that it can help a special type of hair loss referred to as alopecia areata. The same process of developing wounds in the skin is additionally believed to restore the wellness of the hair roots. It’s believed that this can lead to new hair growth, or probably, it might enlarge thinning hair as seen in androgenic alopecia or male pattern baldness.
Related Links to Hair Regrowth
Microneedling as a kind of mesotherapy
Micro-needling also known as meso therapy, advertises angiogenesis, the formation of new members vessels from pre-existing vessels and also vasculogenesis— the development of totally new members vessels. Cell media penetrates deeply right into the scalp to supply the very best environment for hair regrowth and to provide the essential nutrients straight to the papilla shaft.
Microneedling initial got its reputation as a mark treatment during the 1990s. Ever since, it’s been researched as a prospective alternative or adjunctive treatment for androgenic alopecia as well as alopecia location. Besides collagen production in the skin, which is believed to underlie among the reasons it might be valuable for acne scars, it’s believed that microneedling can also assist induce stem cells in the hair follicles that might result in hair growth.
Evidence for Microneedling in Treating Hair Loss
There have actually been several research studies on the effectiveness of microneedling therapy of androgenetic alopecia, also referred to as pattern loss of hair (in men and women) or male pattern baldness.
For instance, a 12-week 2013 randomized study of 100 guys in Mumbai was the first to examine the hair development results of microneedling in human beings. Previously, researchers had seen appealing cause computer mice. In this research, half of the individuals were offered minoxidil (a topical FDA-approved loss of hair service) and also the other half underwent microneedling procedures as soon as weekly, with the topical therapy minoxidil.
According to the researchers, participants who utilized microneedling together with minoxidil saw greater hair matter changes and general patient complete satisfaction. Eight months after the study, the participants still revealed favorable outcomes.
A similar research numerous years later on additionally revealed appealing results.
This 2018 study hired 68 guys and divided them into 2 teams. The first group utilized minoxidil hair development treatment twice daily, as well as the 2nd utilized minoxidil two times daily and undertook weekly microneedling. Research participants in the microneedling group experienced greater hair development and complete satisfaction.
Microneedling for Scalp – 5X More Effective for Hair Regrowth
What is Microneedling for Scalp Treatment for Hair Regrowth?
- Microneedling for Scalp helps treat hair loss and promote hair regrowth.
- Microneedling for Scalp is a Collagen Induction Therapy hair loss treatment in Singapore which is also able to cause controlled trauma in the scalp to promote hair growth.
- Together with the use of Minoxidil 5%, Microneedling can lead to positive effects on hair growth over a 12-week period.
- Especially effective for patients with Alopecia Areata and Androgenetic Alopecia, or male pattern baldness, receding hairline and thinning hair.
How is Microneedling for Scalp Treatment Conducted?
- The Microneedling for Scalp procedure is comfortable and easy with no downtime.
- Prior to the treatment, please keep your hair washed and cleaned. Avoid applying wax, gel, clay, etc.
- Before your treatment, our friendly consultant will check to find areas with hair loss and make a note of it.
- The treated area is cleaned with alcohol to disinfect the area.
- The Microneedling for Scalp treatment is started. This may take between 20 to 40 minutes depending on the size of the area.
- The consultant will apply the 5% Minoxidil and gently massage the area for 5 minutes.
Pricing of Hair Loss Treatments by Wellaholic
Wellaholic believes in providing pricing transparency, and hence all prices are published and updated on its website. Choose from a single-session plan or choose a multi-session plan for greater discounts. Wellaholic’s hair loss treatments are generally divided into the following categories:
Please click on the menu below to see the pricing for the various hair loss treatments by Wellaholic. Prices are nett and inclusive of GST.
How Do I Choose the Right Hair Loss Treatment Plan for Me?
Depending on your hair regrowth needs you can choose the following plans:
- Wellaholic is well-known in the industry for our transparent pricing and no hard selling.
- In fact, we are probably the only aesthetic establishment in Singapore that publishes our prices openly.
- All prices are nett and inclusive of GST, and are actual prices (i.e. not trial prices).
- You can read our amazing reviews here.