Microneedling Over Skin Infections or Fungal Infections – Yay or Nay?
Table of Contents
- 1 TL:DR Summary
- 2 Introduction: Microneedling Over Skin Infections or Fungal Infections
- 3 First Things First: What is Microneedling?
- 4 Why are the Many Benefits of Microneedling Facials?
- 5 Understanding Skin Infections and Fungal Infections
- 6 Can You Do Microneedling Over a Skin or Fungal Infection?
- 7 Useful Safety Tips for Microneedling with Skin Infections
- 8 Gold RF Microneedling Facial by Wellaholic
- 9 What is Gold RF Microneedling Facial Treatment?
- 10 What are the Benefits of Gold RF Microneedling Facial?
- 11 Pricing of Facial Treatments by Wellaholic
- 12 Book Now Pay Later
- 13 Why Wellaholic is One of the Best Facial Providers in Singapore?
- What is microneedling? A skincare treatment that uses tiny needles to create micro-injuries on the skin, stimulating collagen and elastin production and improving various skin issues.
- What are skin infections and fungal infections? Conditions that affect the skin’s surface or deeper layers, causing symptoms such as redness, swelling, itching, pain, blisters, or pus. Some common types are bacterial, viral, and fungal infections.
- Can you do microneedling over a skin or fungal infection? No, you should not do microneedling over a skin or fungal infection, as it can worsen the infection, spread it to other areas of the skin, or cause complications such as scarring or hyperpigmentation.
- How to prepare for microneedling? Consult a doctor before undergoing microneedling and wait until the infection is fully healed. Choose a reputable clinic with trained staff and sterile equipment. Follow proper aftercare instructions.
- How to care for your skin after microneedling? Avoid sun exposure and makeup. Apply sunscreen and moisturizer after the treatment. Monitor the skin for any signs of infection or adverse reactions. Apply ice packs or aloe vera gel to soothe the skin.
Introduction: Microneedling Over Skin Infections or Fungal Infections
Navigating the world of skincare can be quite daunting, particularly when it comes to treatments like microneedling for a variety of skin issues. A common question that pops up is if it’s wise to perform microneedling on skin infections or fungal infections – should we give it a thumbs up or thumbs down? In this detailed article, we’ll break down this intricate subject to assist you in making a well-informed decision. We’ll touch upon the concept of microneedling, examine skin and fungal infections, and investigate expert viewpoints on the safety and efficacy of microneedling in these circumstances. By the time you finish reading this guide, you’ll possess a solid grasp of the advantages and disadvantages of microneedling on skin infections or fungal infections, enabling you to determine the optimal course of action for your skin’s well-being. So, let’s jump in and untangle the enigma of microneedling and skin infections!
First Things First: What is Microneedling?
Microneedling, also known as collagen induction therapy, is a non-invasive skincare treatment that has gained popularity in recent years. The procedure utilizes tiny, sterile needles to create micro-injuries on the skin’s surface. These controlled punctures stimulate the body’s natural healing process, promoting collagen and elastin production, which are essential for maintaining healthy, youthful skin.
The microneedling treatment offers numerous benefits, such as:
- Reducing fine lines and wrinkles
- Improving skin texture and tone
- Minimizing the appearance of scars and large pores
- Enhancing the absorption of skincare products
Appropriate for a wide range of skin types, microneedling has emerged as a popular choice for people looking to refresh their skin and tackle typical skin issues. This treatment is generally well-received, featuring minimal recovery time and few side effects, which makes it an appealing alternative for individuals in search of efficient skincare remedies.
Here is a table that depicts the differences between RF microneedling and microneedling treatments:
|Treatment Type||Radiofrequency-based treatment||Non-radiofrequency-based treatment|
|Procedure Description||Uses a device with tiny needles to create micro-injuries in the skin and applies radiofrequency energy||Uses a device with tiny needles to create micro-injuries in the skin|
|Targeted Issues||Fine lines, wrinkles, acne scars, overall skin rejuvenation||Fine lines, wrinkles, acne scars, overall skin rejuvenation|
|Recovery Time||Minimal downtime, some redness and mild swelling||Minimal downtime, some redness and mild swelling|
|Pain/Discomfort||May cause mild to moderate discomfort during the treatment||May cause mild to moderate discomfort during the treatment|
|Effectiveness||Highly effective, noticeable results in a few weeks||Effective, but may require several treatments for best results|
|Cost||More expensive compared to traditional microneedling||Less expensive compared to RF microneedling|
Why are the Many Benefits of Microneedling Facials?
Microneedling facials have rapidly gained popularity in the skincare industry, owing to their multitude of advantages and ability to tackle a diverse array of skin issues. These facials employ minuscule, sterile needles to create micro-injuries on the skin’s surface, which triggers the body’s natural healing mechanism and encourages the synthesis of collagen and elastin, essential elements for achieving radiant and healthy skin.
One of the most prominent benefits of microneedling facials lies in their capability to diminish the visibility of fine lines and wrinkles. By enhancing collagen production, these treatments contribute to increased skin elasticity and firmness, leading to a suppler and more rejuvenated complexion. Additionally, microneedling facials effectively reduce the appearance of scars, such as acne scars, and large pores by promoting skin regeneration and healing.
A further noteworthy advantage of microneedling facials is their potential to improve skin texture and tone. This treatment aids in balancing skin pigmentation and lessening the prominence of sunspots, age spots, and other types of discoloration. Furthermore, microneedling facials optimize the absorption of skincare products, enabling the active components to penetrate more deeply into the skin and deliver enhanced results.
Understanding Skin Infections and Fungal Infections
Skin infections and fungal infections are common conditions that can affect people of all ages and skin types. These infections can be caused by various factors, including bacteria, fungi, viruses, and parasites. It is crucial to understand the differences between these infections to ensure proper treatment and prevention.
Bacterial infections are caused by harmful bacteria invading the skin. Common bacteria responsible for skin infections include Staphylococcus and Streptococcus. Bacterial skin infections can be contagious, depending on the type and severity.
Types of bacterial skin infections:
- Impetigo: A highly contagious infection causing red sores and blisters, often around the mouth and nose.
- Cellulitis: A deeper skin infection causing redness, warmth, and swelling, often affecting the lower legs.
- Folliculitis: Inflammation of hair follicles, leading to red, swollen bumps or pus-filled blisters.
- Boils and carbuncles: Painful, pus-filled bumps caused by infected hair follicles, carbuncles being a cluster of boils.
- Erysipelas: A specific form of cellulitis, causing red, swollen, and painful patches with raised borders.
You know those annoying skin issues that just seem to pop up out of nowhere? Yup, those might be viral skin infections. These infections happen when viruses sneak into your skin cells, causing all sorts of unpleasant symptoms like bumps, rashes, or blisters. Viral skin infections can be a real pain to deal with.
Some common viral skin infections include:
- Cold sores: Painful blisters caused by the herpes simplex virus, typically appearing around the mouth.
- Warts: Small, rough growths caused by the human papillomavirus (HPV), commonly found on hands and feet.
- Shingles: A painful rash with blisters caused by the varicella-zoster virus, the same virus responsible for chickenpox.
- Molluscum contagiosum: Small, raised, and painless bumps caused by the molluscum contagiosum virus, mostly affecting children.
- Hand, foot, and mouth disease: A contagious infection caused by the Coxsackievirus, leading to sores in the mouth and rashes on the hands and feet.
You know those annoying skin issues that just seem to pop up out of nowhere? Yup, those might be viral skin infections. These infections happen when viruses sneak into your skin cells, causing all sorts of unpleasant symptoms like bumps, rashes, or blisters. Fungal infections occur when fungi invade the skin’s outer layer, causing conditions like:
- Tinea pedis (athlete’s foot): This infection affects the feet, causing itching, scaling, and redness.
- Tinea corporis (ringworm): A highly contagious infection that appears as a circular, red, and itchy rash on the skin.
- Tinea versicolor: A condition that causes small, discolored patches on the skin, usually on the chest, back, and arms.
Can You Do Microneedling Over a Skin or Fungal Infection?
When thinking about microneedling, it’s vital to evaluate your skin’s condition before going through with the treatment. If you’re dealing with an ongoing skin or fungal infection, you may be questioning if microneedling is a safe option for you.
The general consensus among skincare professionals is that microneedling should be avoided if you have an active skin or fungal infection. The tiny needles used in the procedure can potentially spread the infection to other areas of your skin, worsening the condition and prolonging the healing process. Furthermore, microneedling can cause additional inflammation and irritation, which may not be ideal for already compromised skin.
It’s imperative to seek advice from a certified skincare specialist before opting for microneedling, particularly if you have a skin or fungal infection. They can offer recommendations on the most appropriate approach and suggest alternative therapies that might be more fitting for your circumstances. Remember to always put your skin’s health and safety first when considering any skincare treatment.
Useful Safety Tips for Microneedling with Skin Infections
While it’s generally recommended to avoid microneedling when dealing with skin infections, there may be cases when a skincare professional deems it safe to proceed under specific circumstances. Here are some useful safety tips to consider:
- Consult a skincare expert: Always consult a qualified professional before undergoing microneedling, especially if you have a skin infection. They can assess your skin’s condition and determine if it’s safe to proceed or if alternative treatments are more appropriate.
- Follow pre-treatment guidelines: If your skincare professional gives you the green light, follow their pre-treatment recommendations closely. This may include using prescribed topical medications or antifungal creams to treat the infection before undergoing microneedling.
- Choose a reputable provider: Ensure that the clinic or professional you select for your microneedling procedure adheres to strict hygiene and safety standards to minimize the risk of complications.
- Practice proper aftercare: Follow your skincare professional’s post-treatment instructions, which may include keeping the treated area clean, avoiding sun exposure, and using recommended skincare products to support the healing process.
- Monitor your skin closely: Keep an eye on the treated area and be vigilant for any signs of worsening infection or complications. If you notice any concerning symptoms, contact your skincare professional immediately for further guidance.
By following these safety tips and working closely with your skincare professional, you can minimize the risks associated with microneedling and skin infections, ensuring the best possible outcome for your skin’s health.
Gold RF Microneedling Facial by Wellaholic
Gold RF Microneedling is a revolutionary skin treatment that delivers dramatic anti-ageing results by combining fractional radiofrequency (RF) with microneedling to effectively treat acne, acne scar, pigmentation, stretch marks & enlarged pores. Gold RF Microneedling can also lift saggy skin and revitalise dull and uneven skin tone.
What is Gold RF Microneedling Facial Treatment?
If you are looking for an effective method to clear your acne scars, wrinkles or pigmentation, or if you are looking to tighten saggy skin such as jowl lines and nasolabial folds without any invasive surgery, then Gold RF Microneedling is the right treatment for you. Gold RF Microneedling combines two scientifically-proven techniques, microneedling and fractional radiofrequency (RF) to treat a variety of skin conditions.
- Uses Up to 64 Micro Needles. Gold RF Microneedling uses up to 64 needles to penetrate the skin, releasing RF energy to trigger collagen and elastin production for the ultimate anti-ageing treatment for a clearer complexion and firmer skin.
- Safe and Minimally Invasive. Gold RF Microneedling is a safe, minimally invasive.
- Effectively Treats Acne Scars, Pigmentation & Wrinkles. Extremely effective aesthetic treatment for treating acne scars, pigmentation, fine lines and wrinkles.
- Stimulates Collagen Growth. Gold RF Microneedling has the ability to stimulate the growth of collagen and elastin using the combination of Microneedling with Radiofrequency, which is the key to new, youthful-looking skin.
- Positive Clinical Results. Gold RF Microneedling has a dermatological treatment has seen extensive positive clinical results. This is an improvement over just doing a Microneedling or Radiofrequency treatment on its own.
What are the Benefits of Gold RF Microneedling Facial?
Gold RF Microneedling has all the skin resurfacing benefits of traditional microneedling, but with the added technology of insulated needles that deliver RF energy to the skin, creating new microchannels linking your skin’s layers.
- Create Tiny Wounds to Replace Skin Cells. Gold RF Microneedling create tiny wounds in your skin to prompt your body to replace old skin cells with healthy new ones.
- RF Encourages Collagen Growth. RF energy heats deep layers of your dermis to encourage collagen growth and tissue tightening, leading to visibly healthier skin that continues to improve over the following months.
- Faster Cell Turnover. Gold RF Microneedling leads to faster cell turnover and quicker results than traditional microneedling.
- Shorter Recovery Time. Gold RF Microneedling has a shorter recovery time as compared to traditional microneedling, laser resurfacing treatments and chemical peels. There is also less risk of hyperpigmentation.
Pricing of Facial Treatments by Wellaholic
- Price Transparency. Wellaholic offers pricing transparency by publishing and updating all prices on our website.
- Flexible Per-Session or Unlimited Plans. Customers can choose from unlimited monthly facial plans for added cost savings, or per-session plans.
- Mix and Match Easily. Wellaholic’s facial plan prices are divided into different categories for easy selection.
- No Price Shocks. Customers can expect to pay only for the treatments provided instead of being surprised by additional fees or charges at the end of their facial session.
GET IN TOUCH
Book Now Pay Later
Why Wellaholic is One of the Best Facial Providers in Singapore?
- Leading Facial Aesthetic Chain in Singapore. Wellaholic is a leading facial and aesthetic chain in Singapore that is highly sought after by customers.
- Quality & Safe Treatments. Wellaholic is committed to providing quality and safe treatments with experienced staff.
- Wide Range of Facial Treatments. Wellaholic offers a wide range of facial treatments for various skin concerns, and using different technologies such as microneedling, RF, Elight, IPL and mesotherapy.
- Trained & Experienced Consultants. All treatments are performed by trained professionals who understand the skincare needs of both female and male customers.
- Advanced Facial Technology. Advanced facial technology is used to ensure a safe experience with no downtime or discomfort during the entire process.
- Most Affordable Provider. Wellaholic provides competitive pricing for its treatments which makes it one of the most affordable providers in Singapore.
Reason 1: Wellaholic Offers Comprehensive Facial Services and Expertise
Wellaholic offers 7 different types of facial services for your facial and skin needs. Our facials can be broken down into the following categories:
- WellaFacial Signature Facial Regime
- Extensive all-inclusive facial regime that includes the latest technologies.
- Promote cellular renewal and anti-aging.
- Ccombines WellaBoost + Microneedling (Face/Neck) + LED Cell Regen Facial to provide multiple benefits at an affordable price.
- WellaBoost Skin Booster
- Non-invasive facial skin booster which is injection-free.
- Combines two different technologies.
- Infuses the skin with 4 different types of facial serums.
- Helps to promote the increased hydration, collagen production, skin regeneration and healing
- Gold RF Microneedling / Microneedling
- Revolutionary skin treatment that delivers dramatic anti-ageing results.
- Combines fractional radiofrequency (RF) with microneedling.
- Effectively treats acne, acne scar, pigmentation, stretch marks & enlarged pores.
- Lifts saggy skin and revitalises dull and uneven skin tone.
- LED Cell Regen Facial
- Uses different wavelengths to target the skin for various beneficial effects.
- Able to improve skin elasticity, produce collagen, minimise blemishes and pimples.
- Soothes aggravated skin and even reduce scarring.
- Elight Unlimited Facial
- Six-step technology facial backed by scientific research
- Incorporates various technology treatments (RF, IPL, Diamond Peel microdermabrasion, LED Cell Regeneration, Retinol, REFA facial massage, etc.)
- Designed as an affordable unlimited monthly package with weekly visits.
- Brings out the best consistent results in flawless, younger-looking skin.
- RF V-Lift Facial
- Uses RF energy to heat tissue and stimulate sub-dermal collagen production.
- Reduces appearance of fine lines and loose skin.
- Induces tissue re-modelling and production of new collagen and elastin.
- Provides an alternative to facelift and other cosmetic surgeries.
- Diamond Peel Facial
- Non-invasive and mechanical procedure using diamond bits.
- Helps to remove dead skin cells, dirt and excess oil on the skin surface.
- Improves the appearance of skin, by revealing younger and radiant skin underneath in an instant.
Reason 2: Wellaholic Has Over 50 Awards and 2000 Genuine Customer Reviews
- Over 50 Awards. Wellaholic’s WellaSmooth and SHR Hair Removal have been recognized by top beauty publications such as Daily Vanity, Beauty Insider, and Tropika Club Magazine, earning prestigious awards from 2018 to 2023.
- Over 2000 Verified Customer Reviews. Wellaholic has over 2000 verified positive reviews from our customers in Singapore and beyond.
- Verifiable Reviews. The reviews are verified and positive, which indicates the high level of customer satisfaction (see reviews below).
- Over 50% Repeat Customers. More than 50% of Wellaholic’s customers are repeat and recurring customers.
Reason 3: It’s Easy to Book an Appointment at Wellaholic
- Open 361 Days Per Year. Wellaholic’s 8 outlets are open 361 days a year, including public holidays, so that customers can easily book an appointment.
- No Queues. All appointments are booked in advanced to prevent the need to queue and wait unnecessarily during peak hours.
- Easy Online Booking. Customers can conveniently book and reschedule appointments online or via the booking app.
- No Extra Cost for Choosing Consultant. Customers can select their preferred consultant without having to pay any additional fees.