Microneedling: The Ultimate Guide to Answer All Your Questions
Table of Contents
- 1 Microneedling: The Ultimate Guide to Answer All Your Questions
- 2 “Microneedling is the key to unlocking your skin’s true potential – a must-have guide for all your beauty needs!”
- 3 Introduction to Microneedling
- 4 What are the benefits of Microneedling treatment?
- 5 What to Expect During a Microneedling Procedure
- 6 Is Microneedling effective and safe for acne scars?
- 7 Is a derma roller harmful to the skin? Does it damage collagen and tissues?
- 8 What is better a derma roller, derma pen, or derma stamp? Why?
- 9 Which is better for acne and acne scars, Microneedling or laser treatments?
- 10 Does Microneedling get rid of deep wrinkles?
- 11 Does Microneedling help stretch marks?
- 12 Gold RF Microneedling Facial by Wellaholic
- 13 What is Gold RF Microneedling Facial Treatment?
- 14 What are the Benefits of Gold RF Microneedling Facial?
- 15 Pricing of Facial Treatments by Wellaholic
- 16 Why Wellaholic is One of the Best Facial Providers in Singapore?
Microneedling: The Ultimate Guide to Answer All Your Questions
Microneedling is an increasingly popular procedure used to reduce the appearance of acne scars, wrinkles, and other skin blemishes. This procedure involves the use of a device that contains tiny needles to puncture the skin. The process creates tiny holes in the skin’s surface, allowing for better product absorption and improved collagen production. During this treatment, the needle depth can be controlled depending on one’s individual needs. Wellaholic has compiled the ultimate Microneedling Guide to help answer all your burning questions related to microneedling, such as the following:
- How microneedling works
- Benefits of microneedling
- What to expect during a microneedling procedure
- Aftercare tips for microneedling
- Microneedling for acne scars
- Microneedling for fine lines and wrinkles
- Microneedling at-home kits
- Microneedling vs. other skin treatments
“Microneedling is the key to unlocking your skin’s true potential – a must-have guide for all your beauty needs!”
Introduction to Microneedling
What is Microneedling?
Microneedling is a form of skin rejuvenation that has become increasingly popular in recent years. It involves using tiny needles to make micro-injuries in the skin, which stimulates collagen production and helps reduce wrinkles, acne scars, and other skin imperfections. This innovative technique can be done at home or at a professional salon, allowing people to achieve youthful looking skin without the need for invasive procedures such as laser treatments or chemical peels.
Brief history of microneedling
Microneedling is a popular skincare procedure that has been used for hundreds of years. Originating in Egypt, this minimally invasive technique resurfaces the skin by creating tiny punctures to stimulate collagen production and improve the appearance of wrinkles and acne scars.
The first documented use of microneedling dates back as far as 1895 when two practitioners, Drs. Orentreich and Orentreich, invented a device called the Dermapen. This handheld device featured multiple needles that were inserted into the skin in order to stimulate collagen production. Since then, there have been many advancements in microneedling technology, allowing practitioners to customize treatments with different needle depths and widths to suit individual needs.
Types of microneedling devices available
Microneedling is a popular skin rejuvenation procedure that can help to reduce the appearance of wrinkles, acne scarring and other signs of aging. The process involves using a device with tiny needles to puncture the outer layer of the skin. This creates tiny injuries that stimulate the body’s natural healing process and encourage collagen production. As such, microneedling devices have become increasingly popular amongst beauty professionals and at-home users alike.
The two main types of microneedling devices available are dermal rollers and derma pens. Dermal rollers use a wheel covered in hundreds of tiny needles to create small punctures on the skin’s surface. Derma pens, on the other hand, are handheld devices equipped with a single needle tip which moves up and down when activated to create small punctures in the skin simultaneously.
What are the benefits of Microneedling treatment?
Microneedling can significantly soften and smooth rough, sun-damaged skin, as well as reduce the appearance of enlarged pores, acne scars, uneven skin tone, and discoloration – targeting a variety of skin concerns. The micro-injuries inflicted by the tiny needles help to restructure the collagen underneath the surface of the skin to improve the appearance of depressed scars and wrinkles, and improve pore size. While it can take up to a few months before scars and wrinkles show a noticeable difference, the improvements in dullness and skin tone can have almost an immediate effect.
After each microneedling procedure, when the surface of the skin is more porous, often one or several active ingredients, including hyaluronic acid, antioxidants, peptides, growth factors, brightening serums, and platelet-rich plasma (PRP) can be immediately applied to the skin, which allows them to permeate more deeply for better results. [Source: Tatiana Aynbinder, Cosmetic Dermatology]
How does microneedling stimulates collagen production
Microneedling has been found to be effective in reducing wrinkles, improving acne scars, and overall enhancing the skin’s appearance. This treatment works by triggering the repair process of your skin through controlled injuries. These micro-injuries cause your body’s natural healing process to start producing more collagen and elastin fibers which improves your complexion, texture and tone. Additionally, many practitioners use active ingredients such as hyaluronic acid or Vitamin C serum during microneedling treatments to amplify results further.
At Wellaholic, we combine microneedling with 3 serums for the best effects:
- Hyaluronic acid serum – This offers full-depth hydration and visible plumping without drawing water out of the skin.
- Matrixyl serum – Matrixyl™ is a trademarked peptide composition developed by Sederma Inc. in France. This highly-effective composition has been shown to reduce the look of static and dynamic wrinkles.
- Resveratrol serum – This formula combines very high concentrations of two of the most powerful and important antioxidants in skincare: Resveratrol and Ferulic Acid.
The science behind microneedling
Microneedling is an increasingly popular beauty treatment that promises to reduce wrinkles and minimize scars, but what is the science behind it? In essence, it is a form of skin rejuvenation which uses tiny needles to create micro-injuries in the skin. These tiny punctures stimulate collagen production, leading to smoother, brighter and more youthful looking skin.
The process works by triggering a wound healing response in the body. This increases blood circulation and encourages new cell growth, as well as stimulating fibroblast cells responsible for producing collagen and elastin proteins – essential components of healthy skin.
Microneedling can enhance the effectiveness of skincare products
Microneedling creates thousands of tiny channels. These micro-channels allow active ingredients from topical products like serums and creams to penetrate deeper into the skin, enhancing their effectiveness.
Using microneedling with skincare products is an effective way to get more out of your skincare routine. Microneedling helps stimulate collagen production, which can help improve skin texture over time. It also increases blood flow in the area being treated, allowing topical products to reach deep layers of the skin better than they would on their own.
Microneedling can treat acne scars, age spots and pigmentation
Microneedling can help treat a variety of skin issues, including acne scars, age spots and pigmentation. The procedure involves using tiny needles to create microscopic holes in the skin which stimulates cellular turnover and increases collagen production.
The process helps to reduce the appearance of acne scars and age spots as well as diminish pigmentation issues such as melasma or sun damage. Results are usually visible within four to six weeks with multiple microneedling sessions recommended for best results. There is minimal downtime associated with this treatment, making it an ideal option for those looking for an effective solution without the risks associated with more invasive procedures.
What to Expect During a Microneedling Procedure
Microneedling is quickly becoming one of the most popular treatments for improving skin texture and minimizing wrinkles. During a microneedling procedure, your doctor will use a small handheld device to create tiny punctures in the top layer of your skin. This helps to stimulate the production of collagen which can help reduce fine lines and wrinkles while also improving overall skin tone.
In addition to reducing wrinkles, this procedure can also treat dark spots, scars, and uneven skin tones. The procedure is typically done with a topical anesthetic cream or numbing agent to minimize any discomfort that may occur during treatment. Afterward, you can expect some redness and tenderness on the treated area as it heals over time. You may be advised to use certain products such as hyaluronic acid serums or moisturizers throughout the recovery period in order to maintain healthy skin.
Does Microneedling hurt?
Microneedling is an effective can help rejuvenate your skin and get rid of these problems. Microneedling is a collagen-stimulating treatment great for general skin rejuvenation. It treats textural issues dealing with pores, acne scars, wrinkles and pigmentation and has seen extensive positive clinical results, making this treatment a great alternative to laser skin resurfacing.
Microneedling can be painful as the dermapen forces a cartridge of about 20 to 40 tiny needles into your skin. Depending on the depth (which can be adjusted by the consultant based on your treatment regime), the pain will also vary. At Wellaholic, we usually start customers with a shallower depth, and then increase the depth over time.
In fact, most customers will request for increased depth when doing their Microneedling treatments. This is because they can see immediate results from the Microneedling treatment (when combined with serum application) and are prepared to bear with the pain. Hence the adage, “no pain, no gain!”
How can I prepare for the Microneedling procedure?
Microneedling is a popular and highly effective cosmetic procedure that can help reduce the appearance of wrinkles, acne scars, and other skin issues. However, in order to ensure you get the most out of your microneedling session, it’s important to take certain precautions beforehand. Here are some things you can do to prepare for your microneedling appointment.
First, make sure your skin is clean and free from oils or lotions prior to your treatment. Additionally, many practitioners recommend avoiding sun exposure for several weeks before and after the procedure as UV rays can increase sensitivity to the treatment. It’s also best not to use any exfoliating scrub or retinol products during this time as they may irritate the skin.
What is the post-procedure skincare routine after my Microneedling session?
When it comes to skin rejuvenation, microneedling has been a popular choice for many because of its non-invasive nature and the fact that there is no recovery time involved. But what happens after a microneedling session? It’s important to follow the post-procedure skincare routine in order to get the best results from your treatment.
The first step in any post-microneedling procedure is to apply a cool compress or ice pack on the treated area for 15 minutes. This helps reduce swelling, redness, and discomfort while also calming down inflammation. Additionally, it’s recommended that you avoid excessive exposure to sunlight or UV rays as this can interfere with the healing process. Sunscreen should also be applied if you are going outside during daylight hours.
Is Microneedling effective and safe for acne scars?
Microneedling as a collagen induction therapy is very effective and safe to use in treatment for acne scarring. Scarring from acne is a result of damage that occurs when infection from bacteria that resides and inflames a follicle (pore) as it lives off the dead skin and excess oil. The body’s ability to break this event down is impaired so wound healing is sluggish and as the infection manifest, damage to the dermal layer that the follicle resides in gets destroyed leaving a scar behind. Because of the sluggish functioning of the collagen and elastin fibers to heal, the ability for wound repair and cellular turnover improves with the trauma is induced and leaves a pitted scar.
Microneedling is a process that works to stimulate the function of collagen and elastin as it creates a deliberate controlled trauma that instigates a greater wound repair. By emitting tiny little needle entry points to the depth of the dermal layer, it encourages the natural stimulation of collagen to grown and remodel the skin and with that action builds the pitted areas to result in a smoother appearance to the scar. [Source: Clear Dermal Soultions, Dermal Practitioner in a Medical Cosmetic Clinic]
Is a derma roller harmful to the skin? Does it damage collagen and tissues?
Derma Rollers work the same way that Microneedling does and it has been proven to reduce hyper-pigmentation to the appearance of scars, fine lines and wrinkles. Microneedling works by encouraging your skin to make more collagen. This device uses pen-shaped or roller devices armed with fine needles to make tiny pinpricks. This causes an injury to the skin and the skin’s response is to make collagen and elastin which, in turn, improves its texture and tone.
In The Skin Games, which is an International Competition for Skincare Pros, many of the winning results came from estheticians that used Microneedling in their protocols. They were able to get amazing results within an 8 week case study.
The Skin Games 2019 – Acne Case study by Shawna Porter
In this particular case study, Shawna also used a series of Enzyme Therapy treatment protocols by DMK Skincare. Estheticians are trained to do microneedling treatments but they are only licensed to do these procedures in some states. Because not all estheticians can practice this procedure, often times they will prescribe a derma roller as part of their home care routine. Your Dermatologist or Esthetician will determine what size needle is best for every procedure which can be anywhere from .05mm to 2.0 mm. [Source: Jennifer Rosenblum, Executive Director at The Skin Games (2014-present)]
What is better a derma roller, derma pen, or derma stamp? Why?
The derma pen is best in my opinion (the electric ones that is) a derma roller isn’t that effective because as it rolls, the needles make a scooping motion instead of going straight in and out of your skin like a derma pen would at an even level. The point of derma pen is to create micro injuries at an even level so that the skin can resurface at an even level. A derma pen shoots the needles evenly, straight down and out of the skin. There is no rolling, so no scooping motion is being done, which means the resurfacing will be done at an even level. [Source: Amber Smith]
Which is better for acne and acne scars, Microneedling or laser treatments?
The most important point is that a laser can cause hyperpigmentation or Hypopigmentation. That is light or dark spots. It is also contraindicated for darker skin. Microneedling is perfect for acne scars and not that invasive. If you want a whole new face, Fraxel is great. We don’t offer it because of the dramatic amount of down time. Simply Google search before and after of whatever treatment you are looking at. It doesn’t matter which doctor is showing the before and after.
Many of those photos are supplied by the manufacturers. That is why you see the same photos on different websites. Also people only show the best before and after’s. Try searching photos immediately after Fraxel. You will not be leaving your home for quite a few days. Again our preference is “Microneedling” Although technically when done by the doctor it is at a deeper level and goes by different names depending on who makes the device. Basically the devices sold for home use are usually no longer than .2 mm The doctor will probably use 1.5 mm, which is more effective for scars. After 3 treatments you can expect a 60% reduction in the size of the scars. I know you want to hear a greater number than that. Sadly overpromising is the norm in this industry. We don’t participate in overpromising. [Source: John Aslanian, BS GW www.PrecisionAestheticsMD.com NY R&D]
Does Microneedling get rid of deep wrinkles?
To be clear, Microneedling done by the doctor uses a 1.5 mm needle which is more effective than the usual .2mm device for home use. But even that one will not be effective on deep wrinkles. In fact we estimate even for an acne scar we expect a 60% improvement after a few treatments. Treatments like Thermage are great but nothing gets rid of deep wrinkles. That’s what before and after photos are for. They show you the best results people have achieved with various technologies, so you have some idea what type of results to expect. Of course individual results will vary. [John Aslanian, BS GW www.PrecisionAestheticsMD.com NY R&D]
Does Microneedling help stretch marks?
Stretch Mark Microneedle uses the microneedles to effectively break up the tough fibers that make up the stretch mark scar tissue. Microneedling has been clinically proven to fade the appearance of stretch mark scarring. A series of six treatments every two to four weeks is recommended for the best results. Stretch marks happen when our bodies develop at a rate faster than our skin can react to. Microneedling kickstarts your body’s healing process to create new skin cells to replace the stretch marks damaged by the needles. The target skin area is then restructured, thereby smoothing the appearance of stretch marks.
As stretch marks are formed from a lack of collagen when the skin needs to be elasticated, Microneedling can stimulate collagen production. By puncturing micro needle columns which penetrate the dermis, the skin recognises these wounds and start the healing process, thereby restructuring and smoothing the appearance of stretch marks.
Gold RF Microneedling Facial by Wellaholic
Gold RF Microneedling is a revolutionary skin treatment that delivers dramatic anti-ageing results by combining fractional radiofrequency (RF) with microneedling to effectively treat acne, acne scar, pigmentation, stretch marks & enlarged pores. Gold RF Microneedling can also lift saggy skin and revitalise dull and uneven skin tone.
What is Gold RF Microneedling Facial Treatment?
If you are looking for an effective method to clear your acne scars, wrinkles or pigmentation, or if you are looking to tighten saggy skin such as jowl lines and nasolabial folds without any invasive surgery, then Gold RF Microneedling is the right treatment for you. Gold RF Microneedling combines two scientifically-proven techniques, microneedling and fractional radiofrequency (RF) to treat a variety of skin conditions.
- Uses Up to 64 Micro Needles. Gold RF Microneedling uses up to 64 needles to penetrate the skin, releasing RF energy to trigger collagen and elastin production for the ultimate anti-ageing treatment for a clearer complexion and firmer skin.
- Safe and Minimally Invasive. Gold RF Microneedling is a safe, minimally invasive.
- Effectively Treats Acne Scars, Pigmentation & Wrinkles. Extremely effective aesthetic treatment for treating acne scars, pigmentation, fine lines and wrinkles.
- Stimulates Collagen Growth. Gold RF Microneedling has the ability to stimulate the growth of collagen and elastin using the combination of Microneedling with Radiofrequency, which is the key to new, youthful-looking skin.
- Positive Clinical Results. Gold RF Microneedling has a dermatological treatment has seen extensive positive clinical results. This is an improvement over just doing a Microneedling or Radiofrequency treatment on its own.
What are the Benefits of Gold RF Microneedling Facial?
Gold RF Microneedling has all the skin resurfacing benefits of traditional microneedling, but with the added technology of insulated needles that deliver RF energy to the skin, creating new microchannels linking your skin’s layers.
- Create Tiny Wounds to Replace Skin Cells. Gold RF Microneedling create tiny wounds in your skin to prompt your body to replace old skin cells with healthy new ones
- RF Encourages Collagen Growth. RF energy heats deep layers of your dermis to encourage collagen growth and tissue tightening, leading to visibly healthier skin that continues to improve over the following months.
- Faster Cell Turnover. Gold RF Microneedling leads to faster cell turnover and quicker results than traditional microneedling.
- Shorter Recovery Time. Gold RF Microneedling has a shorter recovery time as compared to traditional microneedling, laser resurfacing treatments and chemical peels. There is also less risk of hyperpigmentation.
Pricing of Facial Treatments by Wellaholic
- Price Transparency. Wellaholic offers pricing transparency by publishing and updating all prices on our website.
- Flexible Per-Session or Unlimited Plans. Customers can choose from unlimited monthly facial plans for added cost savings, or per-session plans.
- Mix and Match Easily. Wellaholic’s facial plan prices are divided into different categories for easy selection.
- No Price Shocks. Customers can expect to pay only for the treatments provided instead of being surprised by additional fees or charges at the end of their hair removal session.
Why Wellaholic is One of the Best Facial Providers in Singapore?
- Leading Facial Aesthetic Chain in Singapore. Wellaholic is a leading facial and aesthetic chain in Singapore that is highly sought after by customers.
- Quality & Safe Treatments. The company is committed to providing quality and safe treatments with experienced staff.
- Wide Range of Facial Treatments. Wellaholic offers a wide range of facial treatments for various skin concerns, and using different technologies such as microneedling, RF, Elight, IPL and mesotherapy.
- Trained & Experienced Consultants. All treatments are performed by trained professionals who understand the skincare needs of both female and male customers.
- Advanced Facial Technology. Advanced facial technology is used to ensure a safe experience with no downtime or discomfort during the entire process.
- Most Affordable Provider. Wellaholic provides competitive pricing for its treatments which makes it one of the most affordable providers in Singapore.
Reason 1: Wellaholic Offers Comprehensive Facial Services and Expertise
Wellaholic offers 7 different types of facial services for your facial and skin needs. Our facials can be broken down into the following categories:
- WellaFacial Signature Facial Regime
- Extensive all-inclusive facial regime that includes the latest technologies.
- Promote cellular renewal and anti-aging.
- Ccombines WellaBoost + Microneedling (Face/Neck) + LED Cell Regen Facial to provide multiple benefits at an affordable price.
- WellaBoost Skin Booster
- Non-invasive facial skin booster which is injection-free.
- Combines two different technologies.
- Infuses the skin with 4 different types of facial serums.
- Helps to promote the increased hydration, collagen production, skin regeneration and healing
- Gold RF Microneedling / Microneedling
- Revolutionary skin treatment that delivers dramatic anti-ageing results.
- Combines fractional radiofrequency (RF) with microneedling.
- Effectively treats acne, acne scar, pigmentation, stretch marks & enlarged pores.
- Lifts saggy skin and revitalises dull and uneven skin tone.
- LED Cell Regen Facial
- Uses different wavelengths to target the skin for various beneficial effects.
- Able to improve skin elasticity, produce collagen, minimise blemishes and pimples.
- Soothes aggravated skin and even reduce scarring.
- Elight Unlimited Facial
- Six-step technology facial backed by scientific research
- Incorporates various technology treatments (RF, IPL, Diamond Peel microdermabrasion, LED Cell Regeneration, Retinol, REFA facial massage, etc.)
- Designed as an affordable unlimited monthly package with weekly visits.
- Brings out the best consistent results in flawless, younger-looking skin.
- RF V-Lift Facial
- Uses RF energy to heat tissue and stimulate sub-dermal collagen production.
- Reduces appearance of fine lines and loose skin.
- Induces tissue re-modelling and production of new collagen and elastin.
- Provides an alternative to facelift and other cosmetic surgeries.
- Diamond Peel Facial
- Non-invasive and mechanical procedure using diamond bits.
- Helps to remove dead skin cells, dirt and excess oil on the skin surface.
- Improves the appearance of skin, by revealing younger and radiant skin underneath in an instant.
Reason 2: Wellaholic Has Over 50 Awards and 2000 Genuine Customer Reviews
- Over 50 Awards. Wellaholic’s WellaSmooth and SHR Hair Removal have been recognized by top beauty publications such as Daily Vanity, Beauty Insider, and Tropika Club Magazine, earning prestigious awards from 2018 to 2023.
- Over 2000 Verified Customer Reviews. Wellaholic has over 2000 verified positive reviews from our customers in Singapore and beyond.
- Verifiable Reviews. The reviews are verified and positive, which indicates the high level of customer satisfaction (see reviews below).
- Over 50% Repeat Customers. More than 50% of Wellaholic’s customers are repeat and recurring customers.
Reason 3: It’s Easy to Book an Appointment at Wellaholic
- Open 361 Days Per Year. Wellaholic’s 8 outlets are open 361 days a year, including public holidays, so that customers can easily book an appointment.
- No Queues. All appointments are booked in advanced to prevent the need to queue and wait unnecessarily during peak hours.
- Easy Online Booking. Customers can conveniently book and reschedule appointments online or via the booking app.
- No Extra Cost for Choosing Consultant. Customers can select their preferred consultant without having to pay any additional fees.