Wellaholic Research: Diode Laser with SHR (Super Hair Removal) compared to Alexandrite Laser
Table of Contents
Wellaholic Research: Comparing SHR Laser Hair Removal with Alexandrite Laser Hair Removal
Wellaholic conducts in-house research on hair removal as part of our efforts to keep current with the latest hair removal technologies and trends. We also examine case studies, research reports from various dermatological journals and medical journals. This helps us to improve our hair removal treatments to improve efficacy, safety as well as comfort for Wellaholic’s customers who choose us as their hair removal service provider.
In this 2016 comparative study by S. Hammes, H.M. Ockenfels, H. R. Metelmann, C. Raulin and S. Karsai, (in German), a controlled study with 18 patients were conducted to compare the effect of laser hair removal between long-pulsed alexandrite laser and the long-pulsed diode laser in SHR (or Super Hair Removal) mode. The findings concluded that SHR hair removal, while proficient for all skin types, was additionally effective in dark skin types while offering less or no pain to its patients.
Read on below to find out more.
Background of Research
Photoepilation has been an essential field of application of dermatologic laser therapy for many years. The present article evaluates whether the use of a new operation mode of a long-pulsed diode laser can be effective, nearly painless, with few side effects and independent of the skin type. To this aim, its use has been compared to an established method of photoepilation.
Material and methods
In a controlled prospective study with 18 (♀=12, ♂=6) patients aged between 22 and 58 years, the effects of photoepilation with the long-pulsed alexandrite laser and the long-pulsed diode laser, operated in the Super Hair Removal mode (SHR), were compared.
Result of Study
The alexandrite laser is slightly more effective with fair skin types; the SHR mode is clearly more effective with dark skin types. Regarding painfulness, the SHR mode is clearly superior. In terms of speed, the two systems are comparable. The alexandrite laser is more user-friendly because of its light and small handpiece.
The major advantages of the SHR mode are its effectiveness in dark skin types and its lack of pain. The alexandrite laser is slightly more effective with fair skin types, slightly faster and its handling is considerably more comfortable. None of the two systems has yet brought about a breakthrough with fair hair.
SHR Hair Removal by Wellaholic
SHR‘s Advanced Fluorescence Technology (AFT) In-Motion laser hair removal technology is a breakthrough in customer comfort and effectiveness of treatments. SHR or Super Hair Removal technology heats the skin gently through the melanin and the stem cells with low energy but high frequency. SHR uses only 50% of the energy for permanent hair removal. The remaining 50% is absorbed into the stem cells responsible for hair production.
Wellaholic’s SHR Treatments
- Voted Best Hair Removal Treatment by Daily Vanity Spa and Beauty Awards 2021.
- SHR is an advanced permanent hair removal technology known to be ideal for the typical Singaporean hair and skin type.
- SHR users low energy and rapid pulsing diode laser to deliver both light and heat energy to the skin at rapid shots per second to target the hair follicles.
- SHR uses only 50% of the energy for permanent hair reduction.
- The remaining 50% is absorbed into the stem cells responsible for producing hairs.
- SHR’s Advanced Fluorescence Technology (AFT) In-Motion laser hair elimination technology is a breakthrough in customer comfort and effectiveness of treatments, and is known to be more effective and gentler on the skin as compared to the older IPL technology.