Wellaholic Research: Teeth whitening with 6% hydrogen peroxide and its impact on quality of life: 2 years of follow-up
This study aimed to evaluate color longevity after 2 years of whitening gel (6% hydrogen peroxide (HP), blue LED/infrared laser activation system) in comparison to a control 35% concentration in a split-mouth study and investigate the long-term effect on quality of life (QOL).
Thirty-one patients were treated. Whitening using 6% or 35% HP gel was performed on half of the upper jaw in each patient. The color was measured at baseline and 1 week, 1 month, 1 and 2 years after treatment using the Easyshade Vita spectrophotometer and the Vita Bleached and Vita Classical Shade Guides organized by value. During 2 years of follow-up, color was evaluated before and after dental prophylaxis.
Oral Health of Impact Profile (OHIP 14) and Psychosocial Impact Dental Aesthetics Questionnaire (PIDAQ) surveys measured QOL. Nineteen patients were evaluated at the 2-year follow-up. Significant differences in ΔE were measured between the two groups at all time points (p < 0.05). No significant differences in ΔSGU were observed at any time point (p > 0.05).
The positive effect of bleaching on QOL was maintained in patients treated with a low concentration of the whitening gel. The two compounds remained effective after 2 years. An objective color difference was found between the groups, but no difference was observed in subjective reports. The positive effect on QOL remained after 2 years of follow-up in this cohort of patients.
- National Library of Medicine | Odontology. 2019 Jan;107(1):118-125. doi: 10.1007/s10266-018-0372-3. Epub 2018 Jun 30.
- Teeth whitening with 6% hydrogen peroxide and its impact on quality of life
- Cristian Bersezio 1, Javier Martín 1, Pablo Angel 1, Jessica Bottner 1, Isidora Godoy 1, Francisca Avalos 1, Eduardo Fernández 2 3
TeethWhite by Wellaholic
TeethWhite™ is a premium laser teeth whitening treatment in Singapore. TeethWhite™ can whiten your teeth by up to 12 shades with immediate results, regardless of color of teeth. The treatment is safe and suitable for sensitive teeth. The primary ingredient in teeth whitening gel is Carbamide Peroxide. The molecules will convert to hydrogen peroxide and become active when exposed to your teeth and with strong LED light technology. This whitens your teeth thoroughly, leading to beautiful teeth.
WHAT IS TEETHWHITE™?
- TeethWhite™ is a premium laser teeth whitening treatment in Singapore, offered at all Wellaholic outlets.
- Your teeth have pores just like your skin.
- The nicotine and tar, as well as surface stains from coffee and tea and other beverages, can easily stain your teeth over time, leading to teeth discoloration.
- The primary ingredient in teeth whitening gel is Carbamide Peroxide.
- The molecules will convert to hydrogen peroxide and become active when exposed to your teeth and with strong LED light.
- The teeth whitening procedure helps target your teeth stains and whitens your teeth thoroughly.
- You can see immediate whitening results right after the teeth whitening treatment, resulting in beautiful teeth.
- The whitening effect continues over a period of time, leading to a brighter smile and white smile.
IS WELLAHOLIC’S TEETHWHITE™ BACKED BY SCIENCE?
- TeethWhite™ is a method of teeth whitening or teeth bleaching treatment in Singapore.
- The teeth whitening treatment uses the LED blue light and red light to activate the teeth whitening gel.
- The 6000w industrial lamp helps catalyse the whitening agent to speed up the reaction and causing free oxygen radicals to be formed. This makes the treatment more effective than teeth whitening kits.
- Any discoloration in the tooth enamel or tooth colour (teeth with external stains) can be removed effectively.
- This aesthetic treatment leads to brighter teeth and whiter teeth, for more a beautiful smile.