Hair Loss 101: Your Top 10 Questions Answered by Experts
Table of Contents
- 1 TL:DR Summary
- 2 Introduction
- 3 Question 1: Am I losing more hair than I should be?
- 4 Question 2: How do I know if I am getting stronger Hair?
- 5 Question 3: How do I know if My Hair Loss is due to Main Pattern Baldness?
- 6 Question 4: Is Hair Loss Permanent?
- 7 Question 5: Will colouring my hair make it fall out or cause hair loss?
- 8 Question 6: What are the foods that can cause hair loss?
- 9 Question 7: Does frequent combing cause hair loss?
- 10 Question 8: Does Dandruff Cause hair Loss?
- 11 Question 9: What is the best treatment for hair loss?
- 12 Question 10: How long does it take to see results from a hair loss solution?
- 12.1 Revealing the Timeline: How Long Does Topical Hair Loss Solution Take?
- 12.2 The Growth Cycle: Patience and Progress
- 12.3 Wellaholic’s Microneedling for Scalp: A 12-Week Journey
- 12.4 Unleashing the Power of Low Level Laser Therapy: A 16-Week Transformation
- 12.5 Embrace the Journey: Transforming Your Hair Health
- 13 HairGrow™ 3X Ultimate Hair Loss Treatment
- 14 Why Choose HairGrow™ 3X to Treat My Hair Loss?
- 15 Is HairGrow™ 3X Backed By Science?
- 16 Are There Before and After Photos of the Treatment?
- 17 Pricing of Hair Loss Treatments by Wellaholic
- 18 Book Now Pay Later
- 19 Why Wellaholic is One of the Best Hair Loss Treatment Providers in Singapore?
- Hair loss is a common and complex problem. It can affect anyone regardless of age, gender or ethnicity.
- Hair loss has many causes and types. Some of them are genetic, hormonal, medical, nutritional, environmental and psychological.
- Hair loss can be diagnosed and measured. There are different methods to assess the extent and pattern of hair loss.
- Hair loss can be treated and prevented. There are various options to stimulate hair growth, reduce hair fall and improve hair quality.
- Hair loss treatments have different effectiveness and side effects. Some of them are medications, supplements, topical products, devices and procedures.
- Hair loss treatments require consistency and patience. It can take months or years to see noticeable results and maintenance is essential.
Are you suffering from hair loss or thinning hair? Do you start finding more hair on your pillow or in your hairbrush? Do you find more hair in the shower drain after your bath? Hair loss questions are likely some of the biggest health and beauty concerns that most people face today. While losing hair is part of our daily lives, beginning at age 35 with a 40% loss rate of men and growing to a 70% loss rate for men age 80, the majority of the worldwide population will suffer from a hair loss problem. By age 60, women hair loss sufferers will be in the 80% range. In this article by Wellaholic, we will answer your top 10 questions asked about hair loss and hair regrowth.
In a survey of Singaporean men with androgenetic alopecia, 70% reported feeling self-conscious about their hair loss, based on a study compiled by Wellaholic.
Question 1: Am I losing more hair than I should be?
Shedding Light on Hair Loss: Understanding the Causes
When you spot more hair in the shower drain, it’s essential not to panic right away. Experts in hair restoration reveal that it’s normal for women to lose between 50 and 100 strands of hair per day, and sometimes even up to 150. Men tend to experience even greater hair loss. As you age, hair naturally becomes thinner and grayer, making it more prone to breakage. Several factors contribute to this, such as protein and vitamin deficiencies, mineral imbalances, and hormonal fluctuations, which can lead to hair follicles shrinking and impeding new hair growth.
Unveiling the Role of Hormones in Hair Loss
Hormonal imbalances are a common culprit behind hair loss in both women and men. The primary hormone responsible for this is dihydrotestosterone (DHT), which is produced by the body as a byproduct of testosterone.
Testosterone serves as a precursor to various hormones, and one of them is DHT. This hormone adversely affects your hairline by causing the miniaturization of hair follicles. As a result, the affected hairs stop growing normally and eventually fall out.
This type of hair loss is known as androgenic alopecia or female-pattern hair loss (FPHL). It is considered the most severe form of hair loss, as the miniaturized hair follicles may lead to permanent hair loss.
Empowering Solutions: Addressing Hair Loss Challenges
While hair loss can be disheartening, understanding its underlying causes empowers you to seek effective solutions. Consulting with a professional hair restoration expert can provide invaluable guidance tailored to your specific situation. They can help you explore various treatment options to combat hair loss and promote healthy hair growth.
Remember, knowledge is key when it comes to managing hair loss. By taking proactive steps and seeking expert advice, you can regain confidence and nurture your hair for a vibrant and fuller appearance.
Please see the table below for the main types of hair loss as well as their prevention and suggested treatments.
|Type of Hair Loss||Prevention||Treatment|
|Androgenetic Alopecia (male and female pattern baldness)||– Avoid tight hairstyles that pull on the hair|
– Use mild shampoos and conditioners
– Maintain a healthy diet and exercise routine
|– Topical minoxidil solution or foam|
– Oral finasteride
– Microneedling for scalp
– Hair transplant surgery
|Telogen Effluvium||– Manage stress|
– Eat a balanced diet
– Avoid harsh hair treatments
– Get adequate sleep
|– No specific treatment|
– Hair usually regrows on its own once the underlying cause is addressed
|Alopecia Areata||– No known prevention method||– Topical or injectable corticosteroids|
– Topical immunotherapy
– Oral immunosuppressants
– Microneedling for scalp
– Hair transplant surgery
|Traction Alopecia||– Avoid tight hairstyles that pull on the hair|
– Alternate hairstyles to reduce tension on the hair
– Use gentle hair care products
|– Discontinue tight hairstyles|
– Massage scalp to improve blood flow
– Topical minoxidil solution or foam
– Microneedling for scalp
|Scarring Alopecia||– No known prevention method||– Treatment depends on the underlying cause|
– May include topical or oral corticosteroids, antibiotics, or immunosuppressants
– Microneedling for scalp
– Hair transplant surgery
|Anagen Effluvium||– Avoid harsh hair treatments such as chemical relaxers or dyes|
– Avoid exposure to radiation or chemotherapy drugs
|– No specific treatment|
– Hair usually regrows on its own once the underlying cause is addressed
Question 2: How do I know if I am getting stronger Hair?
You can check on your hair’s health and strength with this method:
- Take about 50 to 60 hairs between your fingers
- Pull or tug at it, running your fingers through your hair.
- Pulling out 5 to 8 strands of hairs with this method is reasonable.
- However, if you are pulling more hairs than this, then it might show that you are losing more hair than the normal amount.
Question 3: How do I know if My Hair Loss is due to Main Pattern Baldness?
Unveiling Male Pattern Baldness: Understanding Hair Loss in Men
Male pattern baldness refers to the gradual loss of hair on the scalp that commonly occurs as hormone levels fluctuate over a man’s lifetime, particularly in later years. This condition is estimated to affect 50 million men in the United States alone, with half of all men experiencing it by the age of 50. Although the balding process is gradual, it can take a significant amount of time to unfold. Identifying the initial signs of hair loss leading to baldness can be challenging but not impossible. Look out for indicators like an M-shaped or horseshoe-shaped hairline, accompanied by hair thinning and excessive shedding during showering. These signs strongly indicate male pattern baldness.
The Genetic Link: Androgenic Alopecia and Hormonal Factors
Androgenic alopecia, also known as male pattern baldness, is a genetic condition influenced by hormonal changes in the body. Enzymes in the body convert the hormone testosterone into dihydrotestosterone (DHT), which plays a key role in this type of hair loss. DHT has the ability to shrink hair follicles, leading to the visual manifestation of male pattern baldness. Notably, this condition presents itself differently in men and women. For instance, according to the Journal of Investigative Dermatology, mid-frontal hair loss is observed in 57% of women and 73.5% of men aged 80 and over.
Taking Charge: Addressing Male Pattern Baldness
While male pattern baldness can be a source of concern, there are ways to tackle it head-on. Consulting with a professional in hair restoration and seeking personalized solutions can make a significant difference. Various treatment options, such as medications, hair transplants, and scalp therapies, can help slow down hair loss, stimulate hair growth, and restore confidence.
Remember, understanding the nature of male pattern baldness empowers you to take proactive steps toward managing it effectively. By exploring available options and seeking expert advice, you can embrace your hair journey with confidence.
Question 4: Is Hair Loss Permanent?
Temporary Hair Loss: Finding Hope in Transient Conditions
When it comes to hair loss, except for genetic factors, there’s good news—most cases are temporary. Whether it’s pregnancy, medication, physical stress, or deficiencies in vitamins, minerals, or protein, these underlying causes can be addressed, allowing your hair to recover its healthy state. In such cases, the hair usually grows back relatively quickly. Excessive hair loss may result in temporary shedding that can be reversed by implementing corrective measures. This type of hair loss is known as non-scarring alopecia.
Unveiling Permanent Hair Loss: The Impact of Scarring Alopecia
Permanent hair loss occurs when scarring alopecia is present on the scalp. In this condition, scar tissue forms, blocking the hair follicle openings and preventing hair growth. Scarring alopecia can be triggered by autoimmune disorders, where white blood cells attack hair follicle cells, leading to scarring. Other factors contributing to scarring alopecia include wearing tight or heavy ponytails, braids, and extensions, burns, blunt head trauma, scalp surgery, and untreated scalp infections.
Seeking Solutions: Managing Hair Loss Challenges
While temporary hair loss offers hope for regrowth, permanent hair loss requires a different approach. If you suspect scarring alopecia or any other form of permanent hair loss, consulting with a medical professional specializing in hair restoration is crucial. They can diagnose the underlying cause and recommend appropriate treatments or therapies to address the condition.
Question 5: Will colouring my hair make it fall out or cause hair loss?
The straight answer is “Yes”. Both permanent and semi-permanent hair colour products contain harmful peroxide and ammonia. Ammonia swells and opens the hair cuticles, and peroxide gets inside it to change the hair colour. This lack of hair integrity makes the hair weaken and leads to breakage. Hair that is bleached or lightened takes the heaviest hit. For the most part, hair loss for those of you who routinely colour your hair with permanent hair colour is generally from breakage, not actual permanent loss. (But it is possible if you make repeated drastic bleaching attacks where you place bleach on the scalp and not just on the hair.)
In a study of 100 women with female pattern hair loss compiled by Wellaholic, scalp RF microneedling was shown to produce a significant increase in hair growth after 6 months of treatment.
Question 6: What are the foods that can cause hair loss?
Nourishing Your Hair: The Role of Diet in Hair Loss
When it comes to hair loss, the connection between diet and hair health cannot be ignored. Certain food groups have the potential to trigger hair problems. To promote a healthy scalp and hair growth, it’s essential to follow a few general rules.
Rule 1: Avoiding Allergens and Inflammation
A crucial first step is to steer clear of allergens and foods that may cause allergic reactions. These allergenic foods can stimulate the immune response, leading to inflammation and restricted blood flow to the scalp and hair follicles. By minimizing exposure to allergens, you can help maintain a healthier environment for hair growth.
Rule 2: Embracing Alkaline Foods and Reducing Acidity
Balancing your diet by increasing alkaline foods and reducing acidic ones can play a role in slowing down hair loss. Certain foods, such as dairy products, carbonated drinks, sugary cereals, and greasy foods, should be avoided. These meals have the potential to trigger delayed allergic reactions, contribute to scalp plaque buildup, promote hair follicle miniaturization, elevate blood sugar levels, restrict blood flow, and clog sweat pores. By eliminating or reducing these foods from your diet, you may experience a gradual slowdown in hair loss and promote hair regrowth over time.
A Wholesome Approach: Nourishing Your Hair from Within
Remember, nourishing your hair goes beyond external treatments. By adopting a wholesome approach to your diet and making mindful choices, you can positively impact your hair health. Incorporating a variety of nutrient-rich foods, staying hydrated, and maintaining a balanced diet can contribute to healthier hair growth.
Question 7: Does frequent combing cause hair loss?
On the contrary, frequent and regular combing is a good habit, and helps to promote the health of the hair and scalp, according the hair specialists. Bear in mind that you will need need to not comb too hard as this may separate the hair from the roots. Hair fibre is extremely sensitive to excessive physical stress. Under such stress, the cuticles will flake and then strip away, leading to breakages and hair fall.
Question 8: Does Dandruff Cause hair Loss?
Dandruff is common condition that causes flaky skin on your scalp. This skin often falls off, leaving white flakes on your shoulders. In most cases, dandruff doesn’t directly cause hair loss. Excessive and anxious scratching injures your hair follicles, encourages fungi, forms rashes, and creates other dermatological conditions related to the skin flakes. Thus, continued and prolonged scratching weakens the hair follicles, leading to hair loss.
Question 9: What is the best treatment for hair loss?
Power in a Bottle: The Benefits of Minoxidil for Hair Loss
When it comes to combating hair loss, one of the go-to options recommended by experts is minoxidil, commonly known as Rogaine. This treatment serves as an excellent starting point in your battle to save your precious locks. While it may not miraculously create a head full of luscious hair, minoxidil excels at slowing down or preventing further hair loss rather than stimulating significant hair growth. Dr. Amy McMichael, a renowned expert in dermatology, explains that when used as recommended, minoxidil shows noticeable improvements around six to nine months. By simply massaging the foam or solution into your scalp once or twice daily, you can maximize its effectiveness. Opt for a formula with a 5 percent concentration to achieve the best possible results.
Finding Hope in Minoxidil: A First Line of Defense
Minoxidil, or Rogaine, has proven to be a powerful tool in the fight against hair loss. Acting as a first line of defense, this treatment can be a game-changer for those seeking to preserve their hair. While it may not magically promote extensive hair growth, minoxidil shines in its ability to slow down or prevent further loss. By following the recommended usage and remaining patient, you can witness tangible improvements within six to nine months. Simply massage the foam or solution onto your scalp once or twice daily, and for optimal outcomes, opt for a 5 percent concentration formula.
A Regimen of Hope: Harnessing the Power of Minoxidil
Minoxidil holds the promise of a hair-loss treatment that can make a real difference. By incorporating this regimen into your daily routine, you can take proactive steps to combat hair loss and regain control over your hair’s destiny. Remember to stay consistent and patient throughout the process, as results may take time to manifest. Embrace the power of minoxidil and witness the potential improvements in your hair’s health and vitality.
Question 10: How long does it take to see results from a hair loss solution?
Revealing the Timeline: How Long Does Topical Hair Loss Solution Take?
When it comes to topical hair loss solutions, understanding the timeline is crucial. The effectiveness and time frame can vary depending on the stage of hair loss and the underlying cause. Since each person’s situation is unique, the duration of treatment will also differ accordingly.
The Growth Cycle: Patience and Progress
It’s important to note that the hair growth cycle plays a significant role in determining when you can expect visible differences. Generally, it takes about 5 to 7 months to notice any noticeable changes due to the natural hair growth phases, which typically take around 5 months to complete.
Wellaholic’s Microneedling for Scalp: A 12-Week Journey
For those opting for Wellaholic’s Microneedling for Scalp, the treatment typically requires weekly sessions for 12 weeks. This evidence-based approach has shown promising results, as supported by real case studies. Patience and consistency are key during this 12-week period, allowing the treatment to work its magic.
Unleashing the Power of Low Level Laser Therapy: A 16-Week Transformation
For individuals exploring the benefits of Low Level Laser Therapy, it’s important to understand that visible improvements often require a longer timeframe. Based on evidence and factual case studies, significant results are typically observed after 16 weeks of treatment. This non-invasive therapy harnesses the power of laser technology to stimulate hair growth and rejuvenate the scalp.
Embrace the Journey: Transforming Your Hair Health
Remember, the journey to healthier, fuller hair requires dedication and commitment. Whether you choose Microneedling for Scalp or Low Level Laser Therapy, embrace the process and remain consistent with the recommended treatment schedule. By allowing the topical solutions to work their magic over the specified time frames, you can unlock the potential for transformation and witness the remarkable progress in your hair health.
HairGrow™ 3X Ultimate Hair Loss Treatment
- ⭐ Supercharged Regrowth: HairGrow™ 3X is a premier plan, designed for those who desire to accelerate their hair regrowth process and address hair loss swiftly.
- ⭐ Adaptable Treatment Choice: This plan has been carefully crafted to provide customers with complete autonomy in selecting their preferred treatments.
- ⭐ Personalized Selection: This package allows customers to choose any three treatments from an extensive range of hair loss solutions, thereby tailoring their plan based on individual requirements.
- ⭐ Balancing Value & Variety: HairGrow™ 3X offers an exceptional combination of affordability and options – it enables access to premium treatments at a notably discounted rate..
- ⭐ Free Supply of Minoxidil. HairGrow™ 3X also includes a monthly supply of Minoxidil with Royal Jelly to jumpstart hair growth.
Why Choose HairGrow™ 3X to Treat My Hair Loss?
We highly recommend HairGrow™ over the individual treatments for the following reasons:
- ✅ Scientifically Proven. HairGrow™ 3X maximizes efficacy and results based on scientific case studies.
- ✅ Personalized Approach: HairGrow™ 3X provides a custom solution to your hair loss, allowing you to choose three treatments that best fit your needs and preferences.
- ✅ Affordability & Premium Quality: This plan combines the benefits of premium quality treatments and affordability, providing you with a cost-effective solution for your hair loss.
- ✅ Supercharge Hair Regrowth. Plan is ideal for customers seeking to supercharge hair regrowth.
- ✅ Flexible and Adaptive: The plan’s structure provides flexibility, allowing adjustments as per your progress or changes in your hair loss condition.
Is HairGrow™ 3X Backed By Science?
HairGrow™ 3X includes the choice of up to four different types of technology treatments. They have numerous research reports and case studies backing them up.
Microneedling for Scalp
- 🔵 Case Study 1 (2013) concluded that the group which combined Microneedling with Minoxidil application saw a significant hair growth as compared to the minoxidil-only group.
- 🔵 Case Study 2 (2014) concluded the boosting effect of microneedling with respect to new hair follicle stimulation in patients with androgenetic alopecia who were poor responders to conventional therapy.
Low Level Laser Therapy (LLLT)
- 🔵 Case Study 3 (2013) concluded that 47% of the patients’ hair growth occurred in 7 weeks earlier for the group with LLLT treatment compared to the group without.
- 🔵 Case Study 4 (2013) concluded a 35% increase in hair growth for the males with the LLLT helmet.
Are There Before and After Photos of the Treatment?
- 🔵 HairGrow 3X plan and it’s family of hair loss treatments can scientifically treat hair loss.
- 🔵 Before and after photos show impressive results.
- 🔵 Before photos show thinning or balding hair, after photos show fuller, thicker hair.
- 🔵 Treatment restores both appearance of hair and confidence of individuals who undergo it.
Pricing of Hair Loss Treatments by Wellaholic
- 💎 Price Transparency. Wellaholic publishes all prices on its website.
- 💎 Flexible Per-Session or Unlimited Plans. Customers can choose from unlimited monthly hair regrowth plans for the best cost-savings, or per-session hair regrowth price plans.
- 💎 Mix and Match Easily. Wellaholic’s hair regrowth prices are categorized for easy selection.
- 💎 No Price Shocks. No hidden fees. Pay only for the treatments you receive.
GET IN TOUCH
Book Now Pay Later
Why Wellaholic is One of the Best Hair Loss Treatment Providers in Singapore?
- ✅ Advanced Hair Regrowth Technologies. Wellaholic offers hair loss treatments with microneedling, RF and laser technologies.
- ✅ Customised Treatment Plans. Customized hair loss treatment plans based on individual concerns and needs.
- ✅ Experienced Staff. Wellaholic’s experienced therapists use top-of-the-line products and equipment for effective results
- ✅ Price Transparency with No Hidden Costs. Wellaholic commits to transparent pricing with no hidden costs for all services.
- ✅ Positive Results from Customers. Wellaholic customers report significant hair growth and improved confidence.
Reason 1: Wellaholic Offers Comprehensive Hair Regrowth Services and Expertise
Wellaholic offers a variety of hair regrowth treatments to suit your needs. Our hair regrowth packages include:
- ✅ HairGrow™ 3X
- HairGrow™ 3X is our premier monthly plan to rapidly combat hair loss and supercharge regrowth.
- Choose any 3 treatments (same or different) at a discounted rate to accelerate your hair regrowth with flexibility.
- ✅ Scalp RF Microneedling
- This treatment uses radio frequency and microneedling to boost hair growth by enhancing blood flow and nutrient delivery to follicles.
- Treatment depth and frequency can be adjusted according to individual hair loss conditions and treatment responses, providing a personalized approach.
- ✅ Scalp Microneedling
- This treatment, also known as Collagen Induction Therapy, uses controlled scalp trauma to promote hair growth.
- Combined with Minoxidil 5%, Microneedling can boost hair growth over a 12-week span.
- ✅ Minoxidil Scalp Booster
- This treatment combines WellaBoost’s two proven methods: High Pressure Jet Spray and Electroporation.
- This boosts Minoxidil absorption by the scalp up to 17 times, making it ideal for treating hair loss.
- ✅ Low Level Laser Therapy (LLLT)
- This FDA-approved treatment uses laser light to stimulate cell growth and supercharge hair follicles. LLLT fights hair loss, enhancing hair volume and appearance.
- The LLLT treatment has been proven to have no side effects and takes about 20 minutes per session.
Reason 2: Wellaholic Has Over 50 Awards and 2000 Genuine Customer Reviews
- ✅ Over 50 Awards. Wellaholic’s treatments and services have been awarded by top beauty publications such as Daily Vanity, Beauty Insider, and Tropika Club Magazine, spanning from 2018 to 2023.
- ✅ Over 2000 Verified Customer Reviews. Wellaholic has over 2000 verified positive reviews from our customers in Singapore and beyond.
- ✅ Verifiable Reviews. The reviews are verified and positive, which indicates the high level of customer satisfaction (see reviews below).
- ✅ Over 50% Repeat Customers. More than 50% of Wellaholic’s customers are repeat and recurring customers.