Microneedling for Scalp - 5X More Effective for Hair Regrowth
MICRONEEDLING FOR HAIR LOSS WITH 5% MINOXIDIL HAS BEEN PROVEN TO BE 5X MORE EFFECTIVE FOR HAIR REGROWTH BASED ON SEVERAL RESEARCH STUDIES
WHAT IS MICRONEEDLING FOR HAIR LOSS?
Microneedling for Hair Loss is a Collagen Induction Therapy hair loss treatment in Singapore which is also able to cause controlled trauma in the scalp to promote hair growth. Together with the use of Minoxidil 5%, Microneedling can lead to positive effectiveness on hair growth especially for patients with Alopecia Areata and Androgenetic Alopecia, or male pattern baldness, receding hairline and thinning hair.
WellaGrow = Microneedling for Scalp for Hair Loss + Low Level Laser Treatment (LLLT)
IS MICRONEEDLING FOR SCALP BACKED BY SCIENCE
There has been numerous research studies which shows the effectiveness of microneedling with Minoxidil for hair growth.
Study 1: A Randomized Evaluator Blinded Study of Effect of Microneedling in Androgenetic Alopecia: A Pilot Study (2013) [source]
Study 2: Response to Microneedling Treatment in Men with Androgenetic Alopecia Who Failed to Respond to Conventional Therapy (2015) [source]
- In 2015, researchers recruited four men who had been on 5 percent minoxidil solution for the past two to five years (9). While their hair loss didn’t continue, there were no signs of growth.
- The four men were subjected to microneedling sessions over a six-month period combined with their current therapies.
- A 7-point evaluation scale was used to track results, and the men were followed up with for 18 months to assess treatment sustainability.
- The patients experienced a +2 or +3 on the standardised evaluation scale, and new hair growth was noted after 8 – 10 sessions. Even further, these results were sustained over 18 months.
- This is the first case series to report the boosting effect of microneedling with respect to new hair follicle stimulation in patients with androgenetic alopecia who were poor responders to conventional therapy.